Will you agree if I mentioned that argan oil has been hyped all throughout the field of alternative medicine and all for the right reasons?
Sounds about right, doesn’t it?
Argan oil benefits are not just confined to the boundaries of one’s internal health but also for the skin and hair. It has promising results in several aspects of health benefits without imposing any kind of substantial negative impacts on the body. If you have used this essential oil before, the results are not unknown to you.
In this article, we are going to glance through and explain the amazing benefits of argan oil with respect to health, skin, and hair of an individual. By the end of the article, we are hoping to have convinced you of the amazing argan oil health benefits.
What is Argan Oil?
That being said, we are not here to discuss how this is used for normal consumption, rather talk about the well established argan oil benefits on not just the overall internal health but on the skin and hair as well.
Argan Oil Health Benefits
Let us start the list of amazing argan oil uses with the benefits it has on the overall health of an individual and how the same is promoted.
1. Heart Health
Argan oil is rich in not just anti-oxidants but also in unsaturated fatty acid chains which are actually very beneficial for the heart health. It is very hard to concisely amalgamate all the benefits of argan oil for the heart health because the same doesn’t protect the heart with just a single method, but multiple.
In order to ensure a comprehensive explanation, I am going to mention the various ways that argan oil inflicts when it comes to the protection of the heart.
- Argan oil is rich in phenolic compounds (R) which aid in lowering the levels of excess cholesterol in the blood which, in turn, aid in keeping the heart healthy.
- Atherosclerosis is one of the most common heart ailments which are caused by the continuous accumulation of the plaque along the linings of the arteries which causes a restriction to the blood from freely flowing in and out of the heart. Argan oil benefits by preventing the accumulation of these excess platelets around the arteries and helps keep them free and devoid of any kind of blockage. Argan oil promotes the production of HDL and restricts the formation of LDL which is what causes the higher levels of fat and cholesterol accumulation around the arteries.
- Unsaturated fatty acids like that of Omega 3 and linoleic acid impose amazing health benefits on the treatment of coronary problems. This helps prevent the occurrence of strokes and any other heart ailments related to cholesterol deposition.
- The benefits of argan oil are also noticeable in the lowering of the blood pressure. It helps prevent the possibility of excess oxidative stress and curbs the peaked levels of blood pressure which can often affect the heart adversely.
- The permissible consumption of argan oil should not cross the 15g level on a daily basis.
- You can either opt for the capsules or even just drizzle it over your salad or bread like you would do with olive oil.
2. Eyelashes and Eyebrows
If you are looking for amazing home remedies for getting luscious eyelashes and voluminous eyebrows, argan oil is the answer for it. It is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E which promote the healthy growth of eyelashes and eyebrows.
The argan oil face benefits are the most pronounced in the case of the eyebrows and eyelashes. People who have actually used this as a hack have not failed to mention that it actually does work and provide with amazing results.
The only catch? You have to be patient because the results aren’t going to be visible within a day.
- For the eyelashes, use a clean mascara wand and roll it in argan oil and apply it on your lashes how you would apply mascara. You can even use your fingers and apply it onto the lashes. Leave it overnight and repeat this every night before going to bed.
- For the eyebrows, use a q-tip and dip it in argan oil and rub it over your eyebrows. Leave it overnight and keep doing this every night before sleep till you see the amazing argan oil benefits on your eyebrows.
The argan oil health benefits extend to the healing of the pain that is often found in patients suffering from arthritis. If you have been suffering from consistent joint pains, this oil could be an amazing remedy for the same.
For amazing results, it is always best to combine argan oil with a few other essential oils to extract the best out of each for the treatment of arthritis. The enriching properties of the Vitamin E along with the mild anti-inflammatory properties in the argan oil helps in alleviating the pain that is witnessed in arthritic patients.
4. Dark Lips
Often times, the lips are the least cared for a part on our face which exposes it to a number of rough environmental factors that end up darkening the appearance of the lips.
The amazing benefits of argan oil help treat the issue with dark lips with ease. It is the amazing quantities of Vitamin E in the oil which helps lighten the darkness on and around the lips. It also keeps the lips moist and hydrated which adds to yet another reason.
Rub a bit of argan oil on your lips with your fingers and let it soak into the skin. Don’t be afraid of accidentally consuming it because the same doesn’t cause any harm as it is edible as well.
5. Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Post pregnancy brings about a number of changes to a woman’s body, both internally and externally. The most noticeable external issue is stretch marks which is often very hard to get rid of.
Studies have shown that essential oils which are rich in Vitamin E, hydrolusates and menthol have promising results on getting rid of the stretch marks. The amazing composition of argan oil filled with Vitamin E and several unsaturated fatty acid chains which help in getting rid of the stretch marks easily.
- Rub a good amount of argan oil over the stretch marks every day, twice.
- Continue doing this till all the stretch marks go away.
Yet another amazing argan oil uses is for the nails. Because of the amazing composition of the oil, being rich in Vitamin E and other nutrients, it has profound effects on the nails and the skin around the fingers.
Argan oil helps in nourishing the nails and the skin surrounding it. It helps moisturize and make the nails stronger if you have been complaining about brittle nails that break just because of anything.
- Dip a q-tip in argan oil and run it on the nails and the skin around it.
- Do this twice every day.
7. Dry and Cracked Feet
Dry and cracked feet is a very common phenomenon noticed in a number of people. It can be caused due to environmental reasons or even because of one’s personal hygiene in keeping their feet moist and hydrated.
The benefits of argan oil is very beneficial for healing the dry and cracked heels that one faces because of the high content of Vitamin E in the oil. If need be, mix it with a number of other carrier oils and rub it onto the feet and heels to keep them moist and hydrated.
Make sure to always clean and exfoliate your feet before applying any of the oils, because the same can get accumulated with the dirt inside the crevices of the cracked heels and feet.
8. Aids Digestion
It is believed that the boost to the digestion process is primarily because of the amazing Omega 3 fats which help in binding with the consumed dietary fiber and aiding in effective and smooth digestion.
The argan oil also improves the gut micro-flora which in turn contributes to better the digestion of the ingested food. It helps reduce the stress on the digestive system.
9. Fighting Cancer
Much like how it was mentioned during the benefits for heart health, the benefits of argan oil for cancer isn’t just a one-way benefit and is sub-divided into a number of sections to promote and inflict anti-cancer effects on an individual.
Argan oil helps with the condition of cancer in multiple numbers of ways.
- Argan Oil benefits showcase an amazing impact on the treatment of skin cancer. With the rich concentration of several minor and major micronutrients, it helps in decreasing the over-pigmentation on the skin which is caused by melanoma. Thus, it helps treat a number of skin cancers which are caused because of pigmentation disorders.
- The high concentration of antioxidants in the argan oil has amazing benefits for reversing the situations that are caused to the damaged cells in the body. It helps to rejuvenate the dead cells by fighting off the harmful free radicals in the body.
- Argan oil is rich in a plant compound known as triterpenoids which are common phytochemicals with amazing metabolite properties. These phytochemicals help impose anti-tumor properties on the body and keep a close eye on the persistent cell damage and multiplication in order to keep the cancerous growth in check.
- Argan oil is rich in a number of nutrients which aids in preventing the proliferation of the malignant cells in the body which are responsible for causing cancer. Even the high levels of flavonoids in the oil aid help arrest metastasis and the inflammation related to cancerous growth in the body.
Argan Oil Benefits for Skin
Much like on the overall internal health, the argan oil health benefits extend to the treatment of a number of issues caused on the skin. The wide range of nutrients and amazing healing properties is what contributes to the same.
10. Skin Lightening
It is believed that the daily usage of argan oil can help in lightening the dark pigmentation and spots on the skin. Even though there is little to no explanation on how and why the same is achieved, it is believed to actually cater promising results.
The high content of Vitamin E and antioxidants in the argan oil benefits the appearance of the skin by lightening the pigmentation caused because of multiple reasons. It also helps get rid of the acne scars and blemishes which often contribute to the dark spots on the skin.
One of the most amazing argan oil face benefits is the fact that it helps treat acne by reducing the levels of excess sebum secretion on the skin. The high concentration of linoleic acid helps in reducing the inflammation that is often caused by the acne.
Not just that, it also helps fight the irritation and itchiness that comes along with acne by moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
- Take a few drops of the argan oil on our palms and apply it on your face, especially on the more acne prone areas.
- Massage it in gently with your fingertips and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process every day before bed.
12. Razor Bumps
If you are a guy who likes to shave their facial hair on a regular basis, razor bumps wouldn’t be an alien term for them. Even though they might look and seem trivial, they tend to inflict painful sensation at some point of time.
Application of a few drops of argan oil on the affected area of razor bumps helps soothe the irritation and even moistens that rough and dry skin around the area.
The last thing one wishes to witness when they are standing in front of a mirror is the reflection of their face filled with wrinkles and gray hair, isn’t it? Well, don’t fret because argan has proven anti-ageing benefits on the skin.
Argan oil benefits extend to the anti-ageing treatment as well because of the fact that it is loaded with amazing antioxidants, especially triterpenoids which has amazing effects in fighting the signs and appearance of wrinkles, especially around the neck region.
Not just that, one of the primary signs of ageing is loose and saggy skin and argan oil helps in fighting just that. It increases the elasticity of the skin and prevents it from becoming saggy and loose and replenishes the tightness and elasticity.
14. Dark Circles
Argan Oil has amazing benefits for treating the dark circles and the under eye puffiness. The rich extract of Vitamin E is what aids in rejuvenating the skin around the perimeter of the eyes. It helps in lightening the skin tone around the eyes and even promotes the proper circulation of blood around the eyes which contributes to the lightening of the dark circles.
The Argan Oil also provides with hydration to the under eye area which makes it easier to get rid of the puffiness and the roughness from around the eyes.
15. Dark Spots
If you are thinking that the application of Argan oil once with impact your skin with the argan oil benefits, you are sadly mistaken. In order to get rid of the dark spots from the skin, you need to ensure that you are using it on a daily basis and not once in a full moon.
The vitamin E in it is what imposes the noticeable argan oil face benefits in removing the dark spots off the face. The only catch is to continue applying it on the dark spots on a regular basis to be able to actually get rid of it for good.
16. Eczema (Dermatitis)
It is believed that Vitamin E present naturally in the Argan Oil is rare and one of a kind which is what makes it even more beneficial for the treatment of a number of skin ailments.
The high concentration of Vitamin E in the Argan oil helps in treating the dryness and roughness that accompanies the condition of eczema. The argan oil replenishes the lost moisture and hydrates the skin, thereby preventing the symptoms of skin flaking and itchiness that often come along with eczema or otherwise known as atopic dermatitis.
Argan Oil Benefits for Hair
Now that we have arrived at the penultimate section of the article, let us divert our focus from argan oil face benefits to argan oil hair benefits because this oil has amazing effects on the treatment of a number of hair conditions.
17. Hair Loss
Argan oil has amazing benefits on the scalp. One of the primary reasons of hair loss is weakened roots which are caused because of clogged pores on the scalp.
Argan oil helps in moisturizing the scalp and unclogging the roots which ensure proper circulation of blood around the scalp that promotes hair growth.
Massage a bit of argan oil into the scalp and gently massage it in for 5 minutes or so. It will not just rejuvenate the scalp but make it healthier too.
Dandruff on the scalp is primarily caused because of the dry scalp and the roughness around the area. The rough scalp contributes to a scaling of the skin which, when added with the dirt and the natural oils of the hair, form dandruff.
Argan oil helps in keeping the scalp moistened and hydrated which aids in ensuring to keep dandruff at bay.
Apply argan oil at night and gently massage it into the scalp. Leave it overnight and wash it off with shampoo the next day.
19. Hair Growth
One of the amazing argan oil hair benefits is the fact that it is great for hair growth. With the amazing bolstering combination of Vitamin E and polyphenols, argan oil is very beneficial not just for the growth of hair but also maintaining the amazing lush and bounce of it.
The Vitamin E balances the lost life and rejuvenation from the scalp and helps restore the lost moisture which makes the roots weak.
- Mix half the quantity of argan oil with half the quantity of either almond oil or coconut oil.
- Apply this onto your hair and massage it into the scalp, making sure that it seeps into the scalp.
- Leave it overnight if possible and shampoo it off the next morning.
- Do this every other day or at least thrice a week for noticeable results.
[Read More Important Oils For Hair Growth]
Where to Buy Argan Oil?
Argan Oil is not much of an exotic product now that what it would have been say, a decade back. The primary reason behind the same is because of the fact that its popularity is growing with every passing day.
If you are looking for the best variant of argan oil, go online and look for one. It is probably the easiest and most hassle free method and you even get to choose from a varying number of options. Look through the reviews and then make your choice.
If online is not somewhere you rely on, even drug stores and cosmetic shops tend to have stocks of argan oil in their shops.
Side Effects of Argan Oil
With the list of amazing benefits of argan oil, there comes a different side to the coin. The list of pros comes with its fair list of cons as well.
Some of the visible side effects of argan oil include:
- Allergic reactions that often lead to anaphylaxis
- Formation of acne and breakouts
- Skin itchiness
- Redness around the skin
The health benefits of Argan Oil are pronounced and with the little to no side effects, this accounts for a great replacement for the over the counter remedies that are often loaded with chemicals. We hope that the list of amazing benefits of argan oil was helpful enough for you.