The pores which have larger openings are known as blackheads. Due to the accumulation of dirt as well as dead skin, it gets clogged. Blackheads, which are considered as an initial stage of acne, are the blackish as well as yellowish bumps which are formed on the pores. Blackheads on the nose are common especially when you fail to clean the skin properly and it starts to produce more oil.
These blackheads will start to convert into pimples if the accumulation of dead skin cells occurs. This will trigger the invasion of bacteria into the blackheads. However, using some effective treatments can help you in getting rid of blackheads on nose.
Here we have tried to provide all the important details about the problem of blackheads on the nose along with its various causes. Read on to get information about various natural remedies to get rid of the blackheads.
What are Blackheads?
According to the experts, blackheads are the dark spots on the skin which primarily develops on the skin due to the clogging of hair follicles. The blackheads look similar to the brown or black spots. Even though blackheads are more common on the face, it may appear anywhere in the body such as back, arms chest, shoulders as well as neck. It is important to remove the blackheads in time or in its earlier stage to reduce the development of acne on the facial skin.
What Causes Blackheads on Nose
The main reason for the formation of blackheads on the skin, as mentioned earlier, is due to the clogging of the hair follicles. The sebaceous glands produce oil, which is known as sebum. Sebum is helpful in maintaining the softness of the skin. The oil gets clogged beneath the skin due to dead skin cells. Sometimes bump can also develop in the area. This condition is known as whiteheads.
The bacteria as well as various impurities start to buildup in the area and cause it a black or brown colour. Some other aspects can also trigger the condition of blackheads. Some of the important factors which can cause blackheads are listed below.
- Oily skin is the common cause of blackheads. It is recommended to wash the face several times a day to reduce the production of oil.
- Dead skin cells cause irritation to the hair follicles and they are also responsible for the blackheads.
- It may also cause due to the building of propionic acne on the skin.
- Consumption of certain drugs such as corticosteroids and androgens also trigger the condition of blackheads.
- Certain hormonal changes during pregnancy, menstruation as well as teenage may cause the problem of blackheads.
- Consumption of birth control pills can also promote the development of blackheads on the skin.
How to Prevent Blackheads?
Using makeup as well as moisturizers which are non-comedogenic can be useful in preventing the condition of blackheads. These products are less likely to trigger the problem of whiteheads or blackheads.
Keeping your skin clean is the most important in preventing the development of blackheads on the skin. It is recommended to wash the area twice a day with the help of gentle cleanser or a mild soap. Scrubbing of the skin should be avoided as it may trigger the irritation of the skin.
Using a gentle cleansing exfoliant helps in eliminating the outer layer of the skin as it is filled with salicylic acid. Other products, filled with glycolic acid or the alpha hydroxy acid are also good for skin exfoliants.
Peeling of skin can be prevented with the products containing retinol, which is a derivative of vitamin A. However, for some people retinol may cause certain side effects. You can use face masks containing sulphur or clay to remove facial oil.
Bad eating habits, as well as smoking, can also contribute to increasing the problem of blackheads. Avoiding smoking is also very helpful in increasing the overall look as well as the health of the skin.
Home Remedies for Blackheads on Nose
Some of the amazing natural remedies to cure blackheads are given below.
1. Milk Pore Stips and Honey
While milk contains lactic acid which can soften the skin, honey contains some of the important antioxidants ingredients. The combination of these two products can be highly helpful.
- Mix a tablespoon of both honey and milk.
- Heat the mixture for 4-5 seconds and make a paste of it.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Now apply a cotton on it.
- Remove the cotton after it gets dry.
- Rinse it with the help of water.
Shrinking of the skin pores can be highly effective in treating the condition of blackheads as they react with the oxygen. Lemon, which is an amazing astringent can do the job for you.
- Take lemon juice and cotton balls.
- Apply some lemon juice on cotton balls.○ Apply the balls on your face for few seconds at the night before going to bed.
- Let it be for overnight.
- Rinse your face with the help of water and apply some moisturizer. ○ Repeat the process for a week.
3. Water and baking soda
Baking soda is also an amazing product to remove blackheads from the nose. It is also highly helpful in removing the clogging of the skin.
- Mix baking soda in water and make a thick paste.
- Massage on the face with the help of the paste in a circular motion.
- Rinse it out with the help of cold water.
- Dry your face and apply some gentle moisturizer.
- Avoid doing it beyond limits as a baking soda can is rich in pH and can dry out skin completely.
4. Toothpaste and Salt
Applying the solution of toothpaste along with salt can be highly helpful in getting quick relief from blackheads.
- Wash your face with the help of mild facewash.
- Mix some salt in it.
- Avoid the use of sea salt.
- Rinse it gently and then rinse it with water.
Professional Products to Get Rid of Blackheads
Some of the effective treatments which you can use to remove blackheads from the skin are listed below.
1. Comedone extractor
Blackheads can be removed with the help of comedones extractor. They are available in tweezers which have a hole at one end. The pressure they apply by pressing on the skin helps in reducing the risk of infection. It is also useful in cleaning the alcohol wipes. However, it may cause the problem of broken capillaries.
2. Pore stips
Placing this strips over the area with blackheads and then removing them is helpful unclogging the pores as well as removing dirt and impurities. The removed part will the stiked to the pore strip so you can easily check what has been removed. The results are dependent on the person using it.
3. Professional facial
Carrying out a professional facial can also be highly useful for a thorough cleansing of the skin. The beautician will use a gentle exfoliant before carrying out the removal of blackheads. Along with this, they will also be using other equipment such as magnifying mirrors, bright lights as well as sterile equipment.