The mere mention of cinnamon and honey is more than enough to make a person drool. But, have you ever pondered on the fact how these two ingredients are beneficial for health? Probably not, right? Well, these ingredients are not just good for making buns or drizzling over a heap of pancakes, they are way more than that. The cinnamon and honey benefits are extraordinarily beneficial, with little to no worrisome side effects. Sounds fascinating, doesn’t it?
Why is cinnamon and honey good for you?
Cinnamon and honey are the two natural ingredients which have the capability of mystically curing a number of diseases. It might sound a bit over the top and far fetched but it’s not. The combination of these two ingredients effectively imposes a number of medicinal benefits which is what makes people reach for them twice. It has proven medicinal qualities which helps cure a number of diseases without inflicting many harsh side-effects.
What are the Benefits of Cinnamon and Honey?
Impending benefits of cinnamon and honey can form a never ending list. With the kind of multifunctional approach that these two natural ingredients inflict on one’s body, one could say that the benefits are not just focused around a certain part of the body but projected to multiple ones. Timely intake of cinnamon and honey have the capability of ensuring better health of the digestive system, cardiac system, and even the bones and skin of a human being. Don’t get detracted because of the claims because the majority of them are factually backed points.
In order to ensure a better approach at explaining the benefits of cinnamon and honey, we have segregated each category based on their line of action involved in the process of curing.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon And Honey
Before we further proceed to the minuscule details of the secondary benefits that cinnamon and honey have, let us focus around the major honey and cinnamon benefits that are profoundly talked about.
Check Out the Most Popular Self Care Tips about Cinnamon and Honey
1. Honey and Cinnamon Treats Cold, Cough and Sore Throat
Here’s a short step by step guide for the perfect “recipe”:
- Mix one tablespoon of lukewarm honey mixed with just a dash of cinnamon (possibly 1/4th of a teaspoon).
- The daily intake of this twice a day during cold and cough can help get rid of it.
2. Honey and Cinnamon Treats The Causes of Infertility
In a number of conducted studies, it has been proven that the intake of cinnamon can induce vast differences in case of issues related to infertility in a woman. Long gone are the days when cinnamon was just a cooking ingredient that accentuated the taste of your favourite dessert. Experts suggest that cinnamon jump starts irregular menstrual cycles in women who suffer from any kind of infertility disorder.
Now, the question that arises. Where does honey come into this? Well, honey might not have a significant role in this specific remedy list of cinnamon and honey but it helps accentuate the taste if someone doesn’t like eating cinnamon on its own.
3. Honey and Cinnamon Helps In The Treatment Of Arthritis
The induced pain that most of the arthritis patients experience is often times unbearable. There are instances when even the costliest medicines fail to exercise 100% remedy on the affected joints. The alternative form of medicinal approach with cinnamon and honey have a wider range of benefits in comparison to the conventional form of treatment.
A Procedure of Application Includes:
- Make a thick paste of ground cinnamon and honey and apply the paste on the area that causes major issues with regards to pain.
- Mixing cinnamon and honey in a cup of lukewarm water often times help relieve the pain as well.
4. Honey and Cinnamon Helps To Treat of Asthma
The benefits of cinnamon and honey is extraordinarily visible in the treatment of asthma. Asthma is a chronic disease which is primarily characterised by the persistent symptoms of coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, sinus irritation etc. Cinnamon and honey have an impeccable effect on the treatment of the symptoms related to asthma.
A Procedure of Intake Includes:
- Mix one heaped tablespoon of cinnamon and mix it with a tablespoon of honey.
- The best time of intake of this concoction is either before sleep at night or first thing in the morning.
- If you are looking for pronounced effects, increase the intake to twice a day
5. Honey and Cinnamon Resolves Issues of Bladder Infection
The taste of cinnamon is often times an acquired taste but pair the same with honey and the taste if alleviated to the next level. The combination of cinnamon and honey have a profound effect on the treatment of bladder infection. It helps get rid of the causative germs in the tract and bladder and helps relieve the patient from the pain and irritation that accompanies it.
Procedure of intake:
- Add two tablespoons of cinnamon powder along with one teaspoon of honey in a glass filled with lukewarm water.
- It is best advised to drink the same at least once a day to cure the bladder infection
6. Honey and Cinnamon Treats Stomach Bloating
Procedure of Intake:
- Many people often like to include the cinnamon and honey in tea to get rid of bloating.
- Some even like to mix the two in warm water to get rid of indigestion and bloating.
7. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Get Rid of Cellulite Caused Marks
Marks caused by cellulite is often a matter of concern for a number of people. The conventional form of medicine encourages the intake of synthetic bio-products which often times inflict a lot of negative impacts. The benefits of cinnamon and honey helps in getting rid of the cellulite marks as well.
- To prepare the honey and cinnamon remedy, mix two tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Heat the mixture gradually till it is all mixed and becomes a slurry.
- Apply the paste on the areas affected because of cellulite
8. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Cure Constipation
Constipation is a problem of the masses now. With the overwhelming food habits, indigestion has become a part and parcel of every person’s life. The problem with irregular and painful bowel movement is a part of the side effect caused by the same. The combination of Ceylon cinnamon and manuka honey often works wonders in relieving someone suffering from constipation.
Procedure of intake:
- Honey has a mild laxative benefit in it while cinnamon helps with digestion.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey along with two teaspoons of cinnamon in a glass of warm water to help cure the issue.
9. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Prevent Cancer
The mention of cancer often times has a ghastly effect on a number of people. While the scientists and doctors are still on the lookout of the ultimate remedy for cancer, there are some secondary remedies which can help prevent the signs and symptoms of cancer for a long term.
Procedure of Intake:
- Several possible signs and symptoms related to advanced stages of a stomach as well as bone cancer has been effectively treated with the daily intake of one teaspoon of cinnamon and honey thrice a day for a month.
10. Honey and Cinnamon is Beneficial For Diabetes
The onslaught of diabetes is either hereditary or due to the lifestyle one leads. The benefits of cinnamon and honey are pronounced in the treatment of diabetes as well. In a vividly conducted study (R), experts found that the intake of cinnamon effectively lowers the level of cholesterol in the body by 18% and the glucose levels by 24%.
Procedure of Intake:
- Eat about half a teaspoon of raw grounded cinnamon daily.
- If you do not like the cinnamon on its own, mix in a teaspoon of honey to accentuate the taste
11. Honey and Cinnamon Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
The presence of polyphenol antioxidants in the cinnamon and honey help in the prevention of heart diseases in individuals. The combines honey and cinnamon health benefits help in reducing chances of a blood clot which in turn reduces risks of heart attacks or strokes.
Procedure of intake:
- It can either be drank infused in the tea
- It can also be taken mixed with lukewarm water
12. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Reduce a Toothache
The sharp throbbing pain that accompanies a toothache is often times a lot harder to get rid of. The primary home remedy that correlates to a toothache is clove but the mixture of cinnamon and honey too have a significant effect on relieving the pain caused by toothaches.
Procedure of Application:
- Mix one tablespoon of cinnamon powder with five tablespoon of honey to make a paste
- Apply the prepared paste onto the aching tooth and leave it on
- Keep the paste stored in a container in room temperature and use it twice or thrice a day till the pain subsides
13. Honey and Cinnamon Help With Weight Loss
Weight Loss and the consumption of cinnamon go hand in hand. The intake of the boiled concoction with cinnamon and honey before sleeping at night and after waking up in the morning helps cutting down those extra layers of fat that you are fretting about. The regular intake of the cinnamon and honey water not just reduces weight but also prevents the unnecessary accumulation of fat.
Procedure of Intake:
- Boil one teaspoon of ground cinnamon along with the same quantity of honey.
- Let the solution cool down for a bit.
- Drink this water every day 30 minutes prior to breakfast and before going to sleep.
Read More about the Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss
14. Honey and Cinnamon Strengthens Immunity And Prevents Fatigue
With the overwhelming stress and the busting pollution in our surroundings, it has become mandatory to include ways that help take care of your immune system. The combination of cinnamon and honey cures a lot of diseases and helps boost the overall immunity and helps reduce fatigue in a human.
Procedure of Intake:
- The mixture of cinnamon and honey, be it raw, or mixed in a glass of lukewarm water, helps in keeping the levels of germs and bacteria in check.
- This keeps the overall well being of an individual in check as well.
15. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Treat Bad Breath And Bronchitis
Bad breath is a characteristic of the impending growth of germs and bacteria in the oral cavity. Cinnamon often helps with keeping the same in check. Bronchitis, on the other hand, is characterised by a persistent cough. Both of these symptoms are often times cured with the intake of cinnamon and honey in a number of ways.
Procedure of intake:
- Mix cinnamon and honey in lukewarm water and drink the same twice daily.
16. Honey and Cinnamon Keeps Blood Pressure Normal
Hypertension is a condition that requires very scrutinised steps involved in it. Even the inclusion of cinnamon and honey in the diet can provoke channeling the levels of blood pressure towards normal. Extensive studies (R) have concluded the fact that the daily intake of cinnamon and honey can help relieve the levels of hypertension.
Procedure of intake:
- The mixture of cinnamon and honey in tea or even just lukewarm water helps reduce the levels of blood pressure to normal.
- If you are someone who suffers from diabetic issues, it is best to consult a doctor prior to intake of honey for curing hypertension.
17. Honey and Cinnamon Cures Allergies and Wounds
Owing to the immense presence of antioxidants in cinnamon and honey, it helps treat signs of allergy and even the wounds. This is mainly done so by the destruction of the growing germs and bacteria in the infected area.
Procedure of intake:
- For best results, it is advisable to mix cinnamon and honey in a glass of water and drink the same at least once or twice a day.
Cinnamon and Honey Skin Benefits
Let us start the journey with the various benefits that cinnamon and honey have on the treatment of a number of issues related to the skin. Skin is an organ in itself and being the first line of defense, it undergoes a lot of stress and activity which often times contributes to the overall worsening condition of the said organ.
18. Honey and Cinnamon Remove Blackheads and Acne
Blackheads and acne are the most common issues that humans face nowadays. With the overwhelming pollution in the environment and the lack of proper diet, the formation of acne and blackheads is a common norm. The treatment of these issues with Ceylon cinnamon and manuka honey creates a visible change in one’s skin quality.
- For preparing the mask, one needs to mix three tablespoons of manuka honey along with one tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon.
- Make a smooth paste with the ingredients and microwave the mix for 30 seconds, making sure that it doesn’t become too hot.
- Apply the paste on your face, especially in the deeply affected areas and massage it onto the skin.
- Leave it on for 10 mins and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Pat dry the skin with a fresh towel.
19. Honey and Cinnamon Removes Dark Circles
Dark circles are the effective proof of lack of sleep or overbearing stress. If you are someone who struggles with such an issue, the benefits of cinnamon and honey can be a saviour for you. Honey is a primary ingredient when it comes to treating dark circles. Cinnamon too, with its antioxidant properties, help contribute to the lightening of the dark circles under the eyes.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to one teaspoon of cinnamon, lemon and a pinch of turmeric.
- Make a thick and smooth paste of the ingredients
- Apply the paste under the eyes and leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off the paste and apply some cream to rejuvenate the area
20. Honey and Cinnamon Helps Cure Skin Infection and Eczema
Skin infections, especially like that of eczema and allergies don’t have a specific causative agent which is why it is always best to opt for natural remedies in the initial stages of treatment. The benefits of honey and cinnamon are profound when it comes to curing such issues related to skin allergies and infections. While honey relieves the hotness and irritation, the antioxidant property of cinnamon helps in reducing the inflammation in the area.
- Mix equal quantities of cinnamon powder and honey to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste over the affected area and leave it on till the irritation dies down.
- Reapply the same twice or thrice daily.
21. Honey and Cinnamon Slows Down Ageing
Those sudden appearance of the wrinkles by your eyes are not sudden at all. They have been long coming because of the lack of attention we pay to them. Ageing is a very common occurrence in a human and the intake of cinnamon and honey together have an impactful effect on arresting the signs of ageing in a human being.
- Mix one tablespoon of cinnamon with a teaspoon of honey to a glass of lukewarm water
- Drink this concoction daily before going to sleep at night and 30 minutes before breakfast every morning
22. Cinnamon and Honey for Hair Benefits
Cinnamon and Honey not just have a profound impact on the skin problems but instigates the growth of hair as well. It activates the cells in the scalp area which improves the circulation around there to promote the growth of strong and luscious hair. The combination of cinnamon and honey helps in stimulating the area around the scalp which in turn promotes the growth of hair.
The mixture of cinnamon and honey is best applied in the form of a mask onto the scalp. This mask promotes the blood circulation around the area which, in turn, ensures proper growth of healthy hair on the head.
- Make a hair mask using equal quantities of honey and cinnamon.
- Apply the mask onto the scalp and massage it in
- Leave it off for 10 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process every week for better results.
Interesting Facts About Honey and Cinnamon
While we have covered some of the most important honey and cinnamon health benefits, it is time to uncover some of the lesser known facts about these two natural ingredients.
- Studies conducted in India and Japan have proved that cinnamon and honey intake together can help relieve gas formation in the stomach.
- A Spanish scientist has proven that honey and cinnamon have the capability of killing influenza germs.
- Many studies have clarified that the sugar content in honey is beneficial rather than ghastly.
- Majority of Americans drink a mixture of cinnamon, honey and lukewarm water first thing in the morning to avoid bad breath during the day.
Side Effects of Cinnamon and Honey
Much like any other process, the over-intake of cinnamon and honey often times result in providing with quite the opposite results. It is the main reason why it is best to do things in check and never overdo the intake of the ingredients more than normal.
Some of the side-effects of cinnamon and honey include:
- Possible causative of liver damage.
- Often results in the formation of mouth sores.
- Hinders with the breathing mechanism.
- May counteract the effect of certain prescribed medicines.
- Causes of food poisoning.
Food for thought with some interesting FAQs
Ceylon Cinnamon and Manuka Honey have time and time proved to be beneficial in the treatment of a number of health issues faced by humans. The list of honey and cinnamon benefits expedite a number of other components related to conventional or even the alternate form of medicine. They inflict a number of positive effects in terms of healing and treatment which is what makes cinnamon and honey stand out amidst the rest.
1: Can I Drink Cinnamon and Honey While Breastfeeding?
A: This is a question often asked by lactating mothers and while there is no harm in drinking cinnamon and honey post pregnancy (while lactating), it is best to avoid it if you are simultaneously drinking fenugreek water during the time. The simultaneous consumption of the cinnamon and fenugreek together lowers the blood glucose levels in the body which is often risky.
2: Is the Consumption of Cinnamon and Honey Safe During Pregnancy?
A: While there is no possible harm caused by the consumption of honey during pregnancy, there are a few precautionary steps that need to be taken when it comes to cinnamon. As many know, cinnamon is an agent that lowers the blood glucose levels and prevents blood clotting. If you are a pregnant woman who is prescribed with diabetic medicines or blood thinners, it is best to stay away from cinnamon during the times of pregnancy.
3: Does the Consumption Of Cinnamon and Honey Induce Sleep At Night?
A: Much like every other honey and cinnamon benefits, the consumption of it before sleep at night promotes sound sleep. It is best to minimise the quantity of cinnamon and increase the quantity of honey in order to avoid causing any kind of disturbance to the glycogen levels at night.