The problem of sunspots not only makes your skin darker but it also makes you uncomfortable mentally. It is important to get rid of sunspots to make your skin brighter and to make it healthy. It can appear at anywhere on the body, but usually, they are more common on the body parts which are exposed to the sun for the long period. However, there are various natural treatments which you can try to get rid of sunspots naturally without causing any serious side effects.
Here we have tried to provide you all the details about the problem of appearance of sunspots on your body. Read on to get full information about the causes, treatment as well as prevention of the sunspots. But first, we will discuss what the problem of sunspots basically is.
What are Sunspots?
The sunspots are the patches on your body which can be darker or lighter and can appear in various patches as well as colors. Usually, sunspots are common in areas which are exposed to the sun such as your nose, upper lips, cheeks, forehead, ears, neck, arms as well as the back of your hands. These spots may cause slight itching or look similar to scaly or rough skin.
Causes of Sunspots
The major cause of sunspots is overexposure to the ultraviolet rays which comes from the sun. Apart from that, people who have skin with lighter tone are more likely to get the problem of sunspots. Sun allergies also play an important role in causing sunspots on your body. The increased production of melanin in the skin is another major cause of developing sunspots on the skin. Melanin turns major areas of the skin to dark-coloured patches. Sunburn can also be responsible for the development of sunspots on your body.
Increased exposure to the sun damages your skin. This may end up in causing premature aging of the skin. Your skin may look older than your actual age, and this can make you uncomfortable.
How to Get Rid of Sunspots Naturally
Applying natural remedies on your skin to get rid of sunspots is one of the major effective remedies to get rid of sunspots. These natural remedies do not cause any side effects as well if you use it properly. We have provided a list of some of the major natural remedies which you can try to remove sunspots from your body.
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly helpful in reducing vinegar by shrinking of the tissues. Along with balancing pH level of the skin, apple cider vinegar is also helpful in boosting the healing process.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar as well as water.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Apply the solution on sunspots
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat the process till you get instant relief from sunburn.
- You can also pour some apple cider vinegar into your bathtub and soak yourself into it for few minutes.
- It is not recommended to use apple cider vinegar if you have open wounds or cuts.
The presence of antioxidants in cucumber plays an important role in treating sunspots. It provides soothing to the skin and repairs the damage.
- Make a paste of medium sized cucumber by blending it.
- Apply this paste on the sunspots.
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes.
- With the help of cool water, rinse it off.
- Repeat this method till you get complete relief.
- You can add aloe vera gel or cornstarch to the mixture for better consistency.
- Another remedy is to cut a cucumber into slices and apply it on the affected area for few minutes.
Potatoes contain amazing pain relieving properties and also helps in providing relief from itching, irritation, discoloration as well as inflammation. Rubbing of a slice of potato is also recommended to get rid of a sunspot.
- Make small chunks by chopping a peeled potato.
- Make a smooth paste of it and some cool water if required.
- Apply this paste on sunspots. You can cover it with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it till it gets dry and rinses it off with the help of water.
- Repeat the method for once every day to get rid of water.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and also contains astringent properties as well as minerals which are helpful in providing quick relief from the problem of sunspots.
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera gel by sliting it.
- Apply this gel on the sunspots.
- Leave it till it gets dry.
- Rinse it with cool water.
- Repeat this method few times in a day to get complete relief.
- It is important to use fresh aloe vera gel here to get the best benefits.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda contains soothing properties which are helpful in preventing sunspots. Along with boosting the healing process and reducing tanning, baking soda is also useful in balancing the pH level of the skin.
- Take enough water in the vessel.
- Add few tablespoons of baking soda into it.
- Mix it well.
- Take a clean washcloth and dip it into the solution.
- Soak the washcloth in the solution for few minutes.
- Wring the excess water out.
- Place the cloth on sunspots
- Leave it till it gets dry. ○ Repeat the process for few times in a week.
Yogurt contains probiotics as well as enzymes in large amounts which are helpful in providing relief from sunspots. Apart from that, it is also helpful in preventing pigmentation, skin peeling as well as swelling. It is completely safe to use on pregnant women as well as toddlers.
- Take enough yogurt in a vessel.
- Apply and spread a thick layer of yogurt on sunspots.
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse the application with the help of cool water.
- Repeat the process at least twice every day to get complete relief.
- It is recommended to use unflavored as well as unsweetened yogurt to carry out this method.
How to Prevent Sunspots?
Limiting the exposure to the sun is the major thing which you can do to get rid of a sunspot. Covering the body parts which normally exposed to the sun such as your arms, hands face, neck as well as shoulders may also helpful in preventing sunspots. You can also use umbrellas as well as shades to prevent yourself from sunspots. You should also try to avoid using tanning booths for preventing sunspots.
Coating you car with the help of anti-UVB covering may also help you in preventing sunspots if you stay in your car for long periods. UVB rays play a major role in forming sunspots. Apart from that, UVA rays cause sunburn. It is recommended to stay away from both these harmful rays.
It is important to apply sunscreen on your whole body to protect yourself from UVA or UVB rays. Make sure that your sunscreen with SPF of at least 15. Using sun blocks with good quality of SPF is also helpful as it may be useful in protecting further sun damage. Although the use of moisturizers, foundations as well as conditioners is recommended, you should depend on them only. Using sunscreens for better protection is important.