Freckles are an occurrence of dark patches, similar to sunspots, on your body, especially on the face. Even though a large number of people think that getting rid of freckles is not possible, following some important ways on how to get rid of freckles, you can certainly remove all the of them from your body. Freckles are an occurrence of dark patches, similar to sunspots, on your body, especially on the face. Even though a large number of people think that getting rid of freckles is not possible, following some important ways on how to get rid of freckles, you can certainly remove all the of them from your body.
What are freckles?
As mentioned earlier, freckles are an appearance of dark spots on some parts of your body, which are more exposed to the sun. In most of the cases, it has been found that freckles are completely harmless. Freckles, which causes due to the ultraviolet radiation stimulation, results from melanin overproduction. Melanin in our body is highly required to pigmentation of hair and skin.
What are different types of freckles?
The main two parts of freckles are ephelides and solar lentigines. A detailed overview of both the types are provided below.
Basically, ephelides is the Greek word as well as a medical term for the problem of a freckle. The tan appears through ephelides are 1-2 mm flat, which are slightly reddish or blue in colour. These spots are more usual in the sunny months. According to the experts, these freckles are more common in people with light complexions. Along with this, in some families, it can also be hereditary. Ephelides freckles can be mostly found on people with green eyes and reddish hair. It is recommended to use sun protection and sun avoidance, such as sunscreen to reduce the intensity of ephelides.
● Solar lentigines
Lentigines is inspired from the Latin word lentil and often used for large kind of pigmented spots, which appear at the place of any previous sun damage or sunspot. These lentigines are a bit darker compared to the common freckle and it also does not fade away in winters. These spots are also knowns as lentigo simplex or simply lentigines. Lentigines are usually harmless, even though they can be caused due to certain genetic syndromes, which can be severely harmful.
What causes freckles?
There are various causes of freckles and it is highly important to study them. Helping you here, we have tried to provide a list of some of the most common causes of freckles here. The list is as follows.
● As mentioned earlier, freckles can be spread in a family hereditarily as it is a genetic disease. Therefore, you are at high risk of freckles, if your parents have it.
●Some of the rare syndromes such as Xeroderma Pigmentosum, which causes the sensitivity to the ultraviolet rays, can also cause this disease as the condition leads to freckles.
● Fair-skinned people can get freckles due to prolonged exposure to sunlight. This occurs due to the low content of melanin in fair-skinned people.
● Another common condition of causing freckles is a hormonal imbalance. This takes place due to the over-stimulation of the pigment-producing cells, which force to generate more colors when comes in contact with the sunlight.
Is it possible to get rid of freckles?
Even though every person has different kind of skin, irrespective to skin type, it is definitely possible to get rid of freckles from your body. Some method might not help you in removing the freckles completely, they can be highly useful in fading them away which may help you in feeling more comfortable.
Home remedies to remove freckles naturally
Applying some of the best natural remedies can also be highly helpful in eliminating freckles from your body. Some of the quality home remedies, which provides a quality treatment on freckles, are listed as follows.
- Apply some sour cream on freckles, especially if it is on the face. Instead of rinsing the mask, wipe it off with the help of a soft tissue and apply some moisturizer after that.
- Lemon juice is highly useful in providing bleaching effect to the dark spots. Just apply some lemon juice on the affected area with the help of your fingers.
- Add some of the helpful fruits as well as vegetables, such as cucumbers, strawberries, apricots and red currant. These veggies will help in reducing freckles on your body.
- Washing your face with the help of sour milk is also recommended. Sour milk contains lactic acid, which is helpful in gently peeling of the skin without causing dryness and irritation.
- Dab some oatmeal on the skin or add horseradish juice or horseradish vinegar into your diet. This will also help in reducing the intensity of dark spots caused by freckles.
- Applying some vitamin E or castor oil on the affected area in the night before going to bed can also be highly useful.
- Apply the mixture of lemon juice and sugar on the freckles with the help of a brush, which can be highly helpful.
- You can also reduce the intensity of the freckles by applying some buttermilk on the freckles.
- Grind the mixture of sesame and turmeric in equal quantities, with the help of water. Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Rubbing a sliced onion on the freckles at least twice every day till the spots fade might prove useful in removing freckles.
- Applying some heated honey on freckles with the help of your fingers and wash it with the help of warm water. Then, with the cool water, rinse it well. Don’t forget to add some wheat germ into honey before heating it.
Preventive tips for freckles
Following some of the important preventive tips can be highly helpful in keeping yourself away from freckles. Some of the best preventive tips for freckles are as follows.
● Over-the-counter medicines
According to a study consumption of below medicines can reduce freckles as well as skin pigmentation.
- TCA or Trichloroacetic acid
- Acid peels
- Alpha-hydroxy acid
● Laser therapy
Applying laser therapy can be effectively helpful in removing freckles, according to the various experts. They also says that laser therapy can provide amazing results to remove freckles from face, chest, upper shoulders, above the knee area. These are also the areas which gets exposed to the sun more.
● Sunspot removal
Freckles can also cause due to sunspots as well as skin pigmentation. Applying therapies to remove sunspots might also help in reducing the risk of freckles. These sunspots can be treated with the help of,
- Chemical peels
- Retinoid creams
NOTE:We inform you that we are not owner of any of the products, images or any other products displaying on our website. But all the articles are written by us and we owned them. If you found any image or product that found under your copyrights then please feel free to CONTACT US. We will remove that image or product as soon as possible. All the images are collected from Google.