Daith Ear Piercing: As the lifestyle nowadays has become highly stressful, it is just near to impossible to get rid of anxiety and headache caused due to it. People are always exploring ways to get rid of these diseases which sometimes can prove highly harmful and may disturb your personal as well as professional life.
Fortunately, you can try an amazing method of daith ear piercing for anxiety and migraine relief. As the lifestyle nowadays has become highly stressful, it is just near to impossible to get rid of anxiety and headache caused due to it. People are always exploring ways to get rid of these diseases which sometimes can prove highly harmful and may disturb your personal as well as professional life.
Fortunately, you can try an amazing method of daith piercing for anxiety and migraine relief.
Here, we have tried to provide all the information about the daith piercing for migraine and anxiety along with certain reasons as well as tips of using it. Read on to get full details about the incredible remedy of daith piercing.
What is Daith Ear Piercing?
Daith ear piercing is one of the type of ear piercing, in which the pierced earring goes through a piece of cartilage present in your outer ear. This pierced upper part of your ear above the ear canal is known as helix.
Even though most of the people prefer looped earrings in daith piercing, large number of people also opt for studs. However, the procedure of inserting into the helix might be highly painful.
The concept of daith piercing has gained a lot of popularity as a large number of people has reported that they obtained a lot of relief from various painful symptoms of migraine due to following the procedure of daith piercing.
Some of the most painful symptoms of migraine includes,
- Pain on one side of the head
- Throbbing or pulsing pain
- Sensitivity to sound or light
However, uncertainty over the effectiveness of daith piercing is still there, although people have reported that it helped them a lot. This is due to absence of strong scientific backing to the daith piercing over its effectiveness on treating the symptoms of anxiety as well as migraines.
Reason Behind Daith Piercing for Migraine
The main idea behind the effectiveness of daith ear piercing to treat the condition of migraine is to stimulate the certain points by providing pressure on parts of ear. The stimulation produced by pressuring it helps in getting rid of the symptoms of migraine.
According to the experts, providing pressure to produce stimulation works similar to the functioning of the acupuncture, which is done by sticking a needle in the ear.
However, large number of experts also suggest their clients against daith ear piercing as there is high risk of ear infection due to piercing. This high risk may also prove highly harmful and you may even end up losing your ear due to the infection.
Daith ear piercing also helps, according to the sufferers, in getting rid of episodic pain, which is common in diseases such as migraine and helps in providing treatment from pain and discomfort caused by migraine. According to some people, they also got relief from sudden headache, which is also common in migraine without any idea of its triggering.
Tips for Daith Ear Piercing for Migraine and Anxiety Relief
It is important to know the details about the connection between the migraine and anxiety with daith ear piercing. Some of the important points for the connection between the anxiety and migraine with daith piercing are discussed here.
- Although medication are not that helpful in treating conditions such as migraine and following certain body modifications may help in as it is inexpensive, according to the experts, people will still find it hard to go for daith ear piercing as a treatment to migraine.
- It should also be kept in mind that the daith does not even come closer to the stimulation point after piercing which might help in treating migraine.
- Any piercing treatment, according to the results obtained after clinical experience, is not a permanent solution on any disease, including migraine.
- Problems in ear piercing may cause a lot of problem along with ear infection. This infection, if left untreated, may even cause loss of hearing.
- It is important to take aftercare after piercing and washing the wound with the help of a saline solution for the period of six months. Experts also recommend to avoid activities such as swimming to be avoided.
Tips to Prevent Infection After Daith Ear Piercing
- Always opt for a qualified piercer while piercing and take care of your wound even after piercing as instructed by your piercer.
- Keep the wound away from water. So avoid activities such as swimming and stay away from pools, hot tubs, lakes and rivers.
- Don’t pull off the jewelry as it might cause a lot of irritation.
- Avoid making situation, which can cause friction, such as putting on scarves as well as hats.
- Be careful while wearing headphones after piercing for few weeks. Experts even recommend not to wear it at all.
- Avoid removing the jewelry until your wound gets completely healed.
- Try to wash your hands before touching the daith ear piercing
- To prevent bruising, you can apply some cold compress on daith-ear piercing. This will also help in reducing swelling as well as redness.
- Wash the wound with the help of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Soak the piercing in the solution of salt water to reduce the risk of infection.
Final Thoughts on Daith Piercing Infection and Complications
After getting all information of daith ear piercing, it looks that it certainly can cause various infections as well as health problems, although a large number of people have found it highly helpful in treating various symptoms of migraine as well as anxiety.
According to the experts, daith ear piercing is certainly not the permanent solution in treating migraine or any such diseases and provides a temporary relief. This is important as people are still reluctant to go for daith ear piercing due to this.
Large number of experts always suggest against daith ear piercing to their clients as it can cause a lot of other health problems such as ear infection. This ear infection may lead to cause loss of hearing ability, if left untreated.
It is definitely not an at-home remedy and requires assistance from a professional expert piercer.