The problem of chin lump is the swelling of the part of your body under your skin on the facial as well as other parts of the body. There are numerous reasons behind the development of this swelling. Following certain treatment and precautionary tips may help you getting rid of the chin lump. The problem of chin lump is the swelling of the part of your body under your skin on the facial as well as other parts of the body. There are numerous reasons behind the development of this swelling. Following certain treatment and precautionary tips may help you get rid of the chin lump.
Here we have tried to provide you important information about the problem of development of chin lump. Read on to know more about its causes, symptoms along with the treatment as well as important precautions you need to take.
What is chin lump?
Chin lump is the swelling of the particular area of the chin. This lump can have various types such as a nodule, cyst, tumor, confusion. The formation of these lumps can occur due to various reasons such as inflammation, infection along with trauma and tumors.
The lump can be single or multiple, soft or rough, painless and painful depending on its size as well as the cause. These lumps can also grow rapidly creating more health complications.
Most of the time lump can be formed due to boils or abscesses. Sometimes, the infection may cause the swelling of the lymph nodes near your neck in the jawbone. Other conditions such as certain types of bug bites may trigger the accumulation of blood in the tissues.
As both the benign and malignant tumors look similar to the soft tissues, it is important to carry out the biopsy of the part to identify whether cancer is present or not. Fluid filled cysts may also look like a lump, most of the times. While most of the times the lump will occur due to infection or inflammation, you may also have certain lumps since your birth.
It is important to take the help of your medical expert as soon as possible after noticing the lump to get rid of future complications.
What are symptoms of lump under the chin?
There are various symptoms which can be accompanied with the problem of chin lump. It is important to note that these symptoms also depends upon the underlying disease if any. Some of the usual symptoms of lump under chin includes,
- Tenderness or pain
- Swelling with redness
- Discharge or pus
These symptoms may also occur with other symptoms which you should watch out for. These symptoms include,
- Fever, chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Weight loss
- Pain, joint stiffness
Sometimes the problem of chin lump may come with some of the serious symptoms. These symptoms require immediate medical attention. These symptoms include,
- Changes in level of alertness or consciousness
- Uncontrolled heavy bleeding
- Lethargy, hallucinations, and changes in mental status
Common causes of Chin lump
There are numerous causes of the development of lump under your chin. Some of the common causes include infection, inflammatory disease, tumors and benign cysts along with cancers.
Some of the injuries may also cause the problem of chin lump. These injuries include,
- Head injury
- Broken bones
- Fractured jaw
- Bite injuries or insect sting
Certain infection may also cause the problem of chin lump, according to the experts. Various types of infections, which may cause chin lumps are as follows,
- Herpes virus infection
- Papillomavirus infection
- Upper respiratory viral infection, common cold
A large number of benign as well as malignant tumors as well as cyst may cause the problem of chin lumps. This includes,
- Thyroid cancer
- Cysts or tumor in jawbone
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
Some of the serious as well as life-threatening causes of the problem should be treated with immediate medical attention. Leaving some symptoms untreated such as cancer may prove life-threatening and may cause a lot of problems. Getting help from your expert medical practitioner may reduce the risk of future complications of the disease.
How to get rid of lump under the chin?
While some nodules can be removed at home, certain bumps under your chin require medical attentions. Although, it is difficult to get rid of these lumps sometimes when they are caused due to a major cause. However, we have provided some of the important treatments which you can follow to get rid of lump under the chin.
- Speaking to experts and consulting the problem with them can be highly helpful. Your doctor may also prescribe you some antibiotics, which may help in eliminating harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- You should always follow the course of your medicine properly so that it does not cause any future complications. Closed monitoring of the situation by your doctor is also important and therefore regular visits to your doctor are also highly important.
- Take care of your skin properly and wash it with the help of cleansing oil to get rid of excess oil. Scrubbing the lump, however, should be avoided as this may cause a lot of problems.
- Certain drugs should be avoided by you, especially if you are pregnant, as this may cause a lot of complications.
Precautions to take to keep chin lump away
Apart from the treatment, following some important precautionary points might also help you in getting rid of these chin lump. We have provided you some of the important tips to keep yourself away from chin lumps.
- Wash your face with the help of lukewarm water and mild soap. Any cleansing material with irritants should be avoided. After washing rinse your skin well and pat dry.
- If possible, take bath immediately after participating in activities which can cause a lot of sweating.
- Get a balanced diet along with healthy exercise to be fit and strong.
- Avoid using skin care products which contain as clogging may take place. Instead, you can use natural skin care products.
- Do not attempt to squeeze, drain or scratch and puncture the bump as doing this may irritate the skin and may create more complications by taking the infection more deeper.
- Wearing of soft clothing under your sports wear as well as rough bra straps or underwear may help in protecting your skin from rubbing as well as various other problems.