Belly fat can be displeasing and upsetting as it makes our entire fitness and diet routine go for a toss. Despite our efforts with diet control and exercises, we may not get good results in reducing belly fat quickly. Big fat tummy is the greatest turn off for your persona. So we have top 8 yoga poses to burn stubborn belly fat as yoga is not only guaranteed remedy but also easy to proceed at home. Yoga gives full body toning and skin glow in addition to its benefits for stubborn belly fat reduction.
Stubborn belly fat can cause further ailments and discomforts. This is closely linked to heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and also some forms of cancer. Belly fat reduction must be top most fitness priority as it has severe implications. Most important aspect for reducing belly fat is to keep patience and determination. Stubborn belly fat is tricky and demands a lot of strength and courage. To get better results add some diet restrictions and avoid junk and sweet food. Improve your lifestyle and ensure 8 hours of sleep a day. Drink loads of fluids and keep up with your fitness routine.
Top 8 Yoga Poses To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Include:
1- Kumbhakasana or board pose or plank pose:
This kumbhakasana is a full body workout. This helps in strengthening thighs, buttocks, shoulders, back and stubborn belly area.
– Lie down in push up pose
– Extend your arms under your knees and hands positioned under your shoulder and arms
– Breath in as you look ahead of your hands
– Keep your back and spine erect
– Keep hands flat and fingers spread out
– Now pull in your abdominal muscles
– Hold for a few seconds
– Now release your knee
– Repeat 20 times
2- Tadasana or mountain pose:
This is an ideal warm up pose and it improves blood circulation in our body. This prepares the body for further strengthening exercises.
– Stand with your feet flat and heels spread out
– Keep the big toes of feet in contact with each other
– Keep spine erect with hands on both sides and palms facing your body
– Stretch your hands to the front and bring the palms close to each other
– Inhaling deeply stretch your spine
– Raising your folded hands above your head, stretch as much possible
– Try lifting your ankles and stand up on your toes keeping eyes facing upwards
– Breath normally and hold this pose for half a minute
– Inhale deeply and while exhaling slowly relax and bring back your feet to the floor
– Repeat this asana 10 times
3- Pavanmuktasana or wind easing posture:
This wind easing pose is a great one for soothing lower back pain, strengthening core hips and thighs. It also promotes healthy pH levels and increase metabolism.
– Lie on your back with your legs stretched out and your heels touching each other, place your arms at your side
– Exhale as you bend your knees, and move them towards your chest
– Hold your knees and pull them closer to your chest using your hands.
– Tighten your thighs and apply pressure to your abdominal muscles.
– Hold this position for sometime
– Breath deeply and exhale while releasing knees and allow arms to rest on sides
– Repeat again
4- Naukasana or boat pose or pontoon posture:
This naukasana focusses on back and leg muscles. This reduces stored fat of belly and thus reduces waist size miraculously.
– Sit on a yoga mat
– Now lie down with legs stretched out and arms at your sides
– Inhale while you lift your legs up while stretching your toes and feet, keeping your legs straight
– Form a 45 degree angle with your body by making the arms reach your extended legs
– Breath normally and hold for a few seconds
– Release and allow your body to rest for sometime
– Repeat 10 times with rest in between
5- Dhanurasana or Bow posture:
This dhanurasana is ideal for strengthening the core and tightening abdominal muscles. It offers a full body stretch that increases energy and promotes easy digestion.
– Lie down on your yoga mat with legs stretched out and arms on your sides
– Bend the knee upwards and hold ankles from your arms
– Hold this position for half a minute
– Exhale and return to the lying position
– Rest and repeat 15 times
6- Padahatasana or standing forward bend:
This is a great asana a for reducing stubborn belly fat as here Abdomen gets completely compressed while bending. This helps in toning down the tummy.
– Stand upright with hands on either side of the body while feet resting together and heels touching each other.
– Keep your spine erect
– Inhaling deeply lift your hands upwards
– Bend forward while your exhale and keep your body parallel to the floor.
– Inhale and then exhale and bend forward completely keeping your body away from hips
– Try to touch floor with palms straight without bending the knees.
– Else just touch the ankle or feet
– Holding your breath shrink your tummy in and hold for a few minutes
– Now breath out and leave your toes to come back to standing pose
– Repeat 10 times with rest in between
7- Uthkatasana or chair:
This chair pose is focussed on strengthening the spine and abs. It also supports hips and thighs.
– Stand upright with hands joined in namaste touching your chest
– Bend your knee such that you are sitting in a chair
– Then raise your hands joined together, above your head
– Bend your torso inwards as you stretch deeper
– Breath normally as your hold the position.
– Repeat 15 times with breaks in between
8- Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend:
This is a basic pose for hath yoga. As it stimulates the centre of solar plexus. It acts as a tummy toning pose. This also offers some wonderful benefits to thigh, hamstrings and hips. It clears digestive disorders and helps in the complete body stretch.
– Sit in padmasana on yoga mat
– Keep spine erect and stretch legs to your front with feet pointing to the ceiling
– Inhale deeply and stretch your hands above your head, do not bend your elbows while doing this.
– Stretch your spine to maximum and follow your hands
– Exhale and bend forward from your thighs. Bring your hands down and try to touch your toes.
– Rest your head on your knees and touch your toes from your hands
– Try holding your feet and stretch back, this will help in strengthening hamstrings.
– Breath in and hold for a minute
– Exhale and release by moving back to sitting pose
– Repeat 15 times and take breaks in between
The above compilation on Top 8 Yoga poses to burn stubborn belly fat is based on experiences and readings over time. All these yoga poses and asanas are magical for tummy trimming and full body strength. Practice breathing exercises also, in addition to the above for excellent benefits; specially kapalbhati pranayama and anulom viloum pranayama for excellent benefits. Be sure to proceed with warm up first and gentle stretches to begin with. Do not over strain yourself. Check with your healthcare provider for any muscular or joint pains.
Share ahead and keep writing us, we love your feedbacks!