The formation of a pimple in earlobe which is also known as earlobe cyst and causes moderate health emergency. It is important to take the help of a medical professional for the treatment of a pimple on the earlobe. Although the bump on earlobe is similar to a pimple, they both are highly different. It is important to identify the earlobe cysts early to keep yourself away from further complications.
Here we have tried to provide all the information about a pimple in the earlobe. Read on to get quality information about the causes, symptoms, treatment as well as prevention of a pimple on an earlobe.
What are Earlobe Cysts?
- Inside ear
- Behind of ear
- Inside ear canal
Causes Of A Pimple In Earlobe
The problem of a pimple on earlobe is also called as an epidermoid cyst. When the epidermis cells, which needs to be shed, gets deeper into the skin and starts to multiply. These cells then start to release keratin, which is found inside the cysts.
This condition can be triggered through damaged hair follicles as well as oil glands. It may cause due to family history. However, it can also appear without any reason. Although almost every person faces the problem earlobe cyst, they are not considered one of the main causes of concern.
Various risk factors associated with the disease are as follow.
- Syndrome of genetic disorder
- Suffering from Acne problems currently or in past
- Severe skin injuries
Symptoms of a Pimple in Earlobe
Earlobe cyst causes the formation of a bump at your earlobes which is made up of dead skin cells and filled with keratin. They do not cause any major health concern, however, sometimes, they can be painful.
If these cysts get damaged, they can release the keratin through a fluid, which is similar to the toothpaste in texture.
How to Identify a Pimple in Earlobe?
As mentioned earlier, pimple in earlobe are made up of dead skin cells. They resemble blemishes with a small and smooth bump under the skin. They do not grow bigger than a size of a pea usually, however proliferating is a sign of something serious which needs medical attention. They or of skin-colored with red pigmentation.
It should cause no major health problem than a small cosmetic issue which can be treated with proper treatment.
How is a Pimple in Earlobe Diagnosed?
You can easily feel a pimple-like bump in your earlobe which should go away without any proper treatment even if it grows to the bigger size.
It is important to consult with your doctor immediately if you experience severe pain along with the loss of hearing. If the color of the bump is changing then most probably the cyst has been infected. Your doctor will help you in removing it through an incision.
Treatment of a Pimple in Earlobe
The treatment of a pimple depends upon the severity of the problem. In most of the cases, earlobe cyst does not require any treatment and should go away on its own.
However, removal of the cyst is important if it causes severe pain or grows uncontrollably. To get rid of infection it is important to take the medical help as early as possible. Your doctor may perform surgery to remove the cyst by providing you local anesthesia. The surgery will remove the cyst from the skin by cutting it.
However, sometimes the recurrence of the cyst can also occur, which is normal. This grown back cyst can also be removed with expert medical help.
Home Remedies For A Pimple in Earlobe
You can also opt for various home remedies to treat the condition of earlobe cyst once it is diagnosed. We have listed some of the major home remedies which you can consider for a pimple in ear treatment.
1. Warm Compress
This technique may help in reducing the growth of earlobe cyst.
- Take a washcloth.
- Dip it into a vessel of warm or hot water.
- Wring out the excess water.
- Hold this cloth on the cyst for 10-15 minutes.
- This will result in the melting of keratin and can be released through pores in the ear.
- This technique is effective, although it may turn a bit messy.
Due to anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, it helps in treating various diseases. Turmeric is also helpful in removing pimple on the ear.
- Make a paste by mixing some turmeric into a water.
- Apply the paste on the cyst.
- Leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with the help of water.
- Use this method regularly.
3. Tea tree oil
Just like turmeric tea tree oil also has some important health-friendly properties which are helpful in treating various health hazards.
- Dip a cotton ball into tea tree oil.
- Place this cotton ball on pimple in the earlobe.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Try this method regularly.
- This method helps in drying of earlobe cyst.
Making a clay mask is considered highly helpful in treating various skin diseases. This clay mask is also useful in treating pimple in an ear.
- Take some clay.
- Rub it on your ear before going to bed.
- Allow it to dry.
- Now go to bed.
- Next morning, wash it off with the help of water.
- Use this method regularly to get rid of earlobe cysts.
Along with various skin problems such as acne, honey is also useful in treating the condition of a pimple in ear as it is filled with nucleic acid, ribonucleic acid, deoxyribonucleic acid as well as important antibiotics
- Make a paste by blending a wheatgrass.
- Add into a bowl and some honey to it.
- Mix it properly.
- Apply this mixture on earlobe cysts directly.
- Leave it overnight.
- Next morning, wash it off with water.
6. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a great natural product to treat various skin issues. It is a great natural beauty product as it contains carbohydrates, proteins, vitamin A, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Calcium, Niacin, zinc and various other health-friendly materials. It is also helpful in removing earlobe cysts as it is useful for removing pain and infection.
- Take out the gel from fresh aloe vera. You can also use organic gel available in the market.
- Apply it directly on the pimple on an earlobe.
- The cool sensation of aloe vera gel helps in reducing irritation.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Now remove it gently.
- You can also drink aloe vera juice for more health benefits.
Prevention of a Pimple In Earlobe
- Keep a proper hygiene and cleanliness as a pimple are formed due to the lack of cleanliness of the body.
- Use fresh products always to keep yourself away from infection.
- Increase the consumption of water as well as vitamins.
- Change bed sheets, pillow cases regularly.
- Consult with your doctor immediately if you are experiencing anything serious such as severe pain from a pimple in the earlobe.