If you feel a burning sensation along with skin irritation after shaving to remove unwanted hair, you are suffering from the condition of razor burns. In many cases, red rash also appears on the skin due to razor burns. It becomes highly necessary to remove razor rashes and burns from the body which can make you highly uncomfortable.
There are various treatments available to get rid of razor burns which you can consider. Apart from that, you can even use few major home remedies to treat this problem. If you feel a burning sensation along with skin irritation after shaving to remove unwanted hair, you are suffering from the condition of razor burns.
In many cases, red rash also appears on the skin due to razor burns. It becomes highly necessary to remove razor rashes and burns from the body which can make you highly uncomfortable.
Here we have tried to provide all information about health problem of razor burns as well as its treatment. Read on for everything you want to know about this problem.
What are Razor Burns?
Razor burns are the condition of skin irritation appears after shaving the unwanted hair from the body. They may appear immediately after shaving or when the hair starts to look. It may cause the skin to go red as well as become inflamed. Small bumps also can appear on the skin. In this disorder, bikini bumps grow fast.
The causes of razor burns which is also known as Razor bumps cause due to the friction which occurs from the razor and ingrown hairs. Ingrown hair is the problem of growing the hair into the skin instead of out of the skin. Ingrown hair can also leave a bump on the skin which looks similar to a pimple.
How to Treat Razor Burns
The problem of razor burns in some people occur due to curly hair as well as sensitive skin. However, this problem may get reduced by itself and treat razor burns is not required. But you can get rid of razor burns through various other treatments as well.
How to dispose of razor knocks
Try the cure for razor burns gave below to treat the problem of razor knocks.
1. Have patience
The problem of razor burns can go away with time. It is important to avoid the shaving of pimples or razor bumps for razor burn treatment. You should avoid shaving of your legs more often.
2. Provide moisturization
Applying moisturization to the legs after shaving can act as an amazing cure for razor burns. Along with hydrating and protecting your skin, this will also help in removing itching due to razor bumps or razor burns. However, it is necessary to use alcohol-free moisturizer.
You can use shea butter or aloe vera which may help in providing soothing as well as hydrating the skin on your legs. You need to be careful while using moisturizers as they may prove allergic to you and make the situation more complicated.
3. Removing ingrown hairs
The problem of ingrown hair appears when you the hair starts to grow into the skin instead of out. This situation may cause inflammation, irritation as well as itching. To overcome this, you can try exfoliating your skin before shaving.
You should not use needles or tweezers to dig deep into the ingrown hairs. This may result in bacterial infection.
4. Topical creams
You can also use topical creams or steroids to remove any inflammation caused due to the problem of razor burns. This is also an amazing cure for razor burns or bumps.
However, if you don’t get any relief from trying this remedy, consult with your doctor immediately. Your doctor may recommend certain drugs to dispose of razor knocks.
Home Remedies for Razor Burn
You can also heal razor burns through various major home remedies. These home remedies are free of any side effects and provide effective treatment.
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which work well in reducing inflammation and itching or burning sensation. Apart from the presence of acetic acid helps in preventing the infection.
- Dip a cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected area.
- Let it dry.
- Wash it off with the help of water.
- Repeat the process until the burning sensation removed.
- You can dilute apple cider vinegar with water if you have sensitive skin.
2. Aloe vera
One of the best razor burn bum remedies is aloe vera. Aloe vera has soothing and cooling nature which provides instant relief from inflammation as well as burning sensation. It also helps in keeping the skin moisturized and helps in boosting the healing process.
- Take out the gel from fresh aloe vera leafs.
- Rub the gel on the affected area.
- Let it dry and wash it off with the help of water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
3. Black tea
You can also use black tea bags to get rid of razor bumps. It consists of tannic acid which helps in reducing inflammation as well as redness.
- In a warm water moisten a tea bag a bit.
- Allow the bag to cool or put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Now rub the cool tea bag on the affected skin.
- Repeat this process till you get relief.
Honey is filled with antibacterial properties which help in treating the razor burns fast. Along with keeping the skin moisturized, honey also helps in reducing swelling as well as inflammation. It also helps in preventing the area from infection.
- Take some honey.
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with water.
- You can also mix honey with a tablespoon of yogurt and then apply.
5. Cold compress
A cold compress is also another remedy to treat the burning sensation due to razor burns. Along with reducing inflammation it also helps in soothing the area. A cold compress is also useful in preventing razor burn formation as well as reducing itching and swelling.
- Take a cloth and dip it into the cold water.
- You can also wrap some ice in a cloth.
- Place the cloth on the affected skin.
- You should also splash some cold water on the skin immediately after shaving.
6. Baking soda
Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory properties which provide a soothing effect on the skin. It is also helpful in reducing redness as well as itching.
- In a cup of water, mix a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 5-6 minutes.
- Wash it off with the help of water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times every day.
The symptoms of razor burn can be treated effectively with the help of cucumber through its hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also filled with two important ingredients which help in getting relief from pain as well as itchiness. These two ingredients are vitamin C and K.
- Cut cucumber in slices.
- Keep the slice in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Rub the slices on razor burn for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat the method until the skin heals.
Prevention of Razor Burns
Follow these tips to avoid the development of razor burns on the skin.
- Don’t shave too frequently, quickly, on dry skin, with an old razor, against your hair grain.
- Don’t shave your legs if they are dry. You can shave them at the end of taking a shower of a bath or after better exfoliation.
- Replace your razors after using it for 5-7 times. You should also wash and rinse the razor well after every use.
The problem of razor burns may get resolved of its own. The treatment to help razor bump removal is also available, and you can use it if you are having severe problems. It is important to treat your skin gently to dispose of razor bumps. Following some important tips such as not shaving the inflamed area helps in preventing the severe conditions of razor burns. It is also important to consult with your doctor immediately if you see any severe symptom or the problem is not resolving by its own.