Aspirin is a common over the counter NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), which helps in temporary relief from fever, pain, aches, and swelling. It can even prevent from stroke and heart attack as it is a blood thinner. But there are ample more beauty, health and personal benefits of aspirin which we may not be aware. Sharing top 15 surprising uses of aspirin that can simplify most of our problems. You would thank us for them, as a small pill in our medicine cabinet is capable of immense benefits.
Top 15 Surprising Uses Of Aspirin include:
1. Aspirin for Pimples and Acne Treatment:
Historical usage of aspirin as salicylic acid, dates back to the times of Hippocrates. It was used to treat pains and aches. It was an extract from the bark of a willow tree. Using aspirin on skin helps in reducing and curing acne and pimples as it removes excess oils, exfoliates the skin surface and treats acne. The salicylic acid in aspirin helps in dissolving dead skin, sheds the top skin layer and also reduces the clogged pores. Aspirin reduces redness and swelling, and treats psoriasis by making the lesions thinner and reducing the itch. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it a great skin care remedy.
- Crush aspirin pills
- Put them in warm water and let it dissolve
- Stir to form a paste like a mixture
- Add honey to get additional moisturizing and anti-bacterial properties.
- Now apply to the affected area on your face
- Let it stay for 15 minutes
- Now wash with lukewarm water
- Repeat once a day for until the skin becomes flawless.
2. Aspirin helps in treating dandruff:
Aspirin has some good moisturizing properties in addition to preventing scalp inflammation. It also helps in exfoliating dry skin from scalp. This is the reason many shampoos and face washes contain salicylicacids.
- Crush 3 uncoated aspirins
- Now mix them in the amount of shampoo you wish to apply on your scalp
- With hair wash, apply this shampoo mixed with aspirin in your scalp
- Massage gently in circular motions with dabs in between
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Now wash with lukewarm water.
3. Aspirin Helps In Relieving Insect Bites and Stings:
Aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties and gives a soothing effect on the skin. Thus it helps in reducing swelling, redness and pain from insect bites and stings. It also provides comfort to skin from itching and burning sensations.
- Crush a few aspirins to form a fine powder
- Add warm water to form a paste
- Apply on infected area
- Leave it for an hour
- Now wash with lukewarm water
- Additionally you may rub an aspirin on the area too.
4. Aspirin Helps in Keeping the Cut Flowers, Fresh for Longer:
This is a tried and tested method for keeping the cut flowers fresh for longer. Just put a crushed aspirin to the water before sprinkling on flowers. Also it extends the life of flower arrangements at home, you may also soak some aspirin in the vase where flowers are put.
5. Aspirin Helps in Removing Sweat Stains from Clothes:
The salicylic acid present in aspirin helps in neutralizing stains of sweat on clothes. Also egg stains are reduced and removed by using aspirin for a few times. As they attack the stain causing compounds found in sweat and eggs and break them down.
- Mix crushed aspirin and warm water in a big bowl
- Now soak the cloth with sweat stain in this bowl
- Leave it for 2 hours
- Now wash the clot normally
- This also brings sheen to clothes
6. Aspirin Helps in Treating Ingrown Hair on Skin:
Salicylic acid in aspirin helps in scrubbing away the dead skin to loosen the hair. Thus it helps in reducing the pain and discomfort arising from ingrown hair and also treating them too. The anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin help in reducing redness and swelling. This also has antiseptic properties which help in treating and preventing infection.
- Dissolve aspirin tablets in warm water and form a paste
- Add one teaspoon of honey to this paste
- Apply this on the areas with ingrowth hair
- Leave for 15 minutes
- Now wash with lukewarm water
- Repeat twice a week until the skin becomes clear
7. Aspirin Removes Calluses From Feet:
Aspirin softens calluses and corn from feet. The mild exfoliating properties of aspirin in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties help in getting rid of dead skin and keeps your feet soft preventing further growth of infections.
- Crush few aspirins and lemon juice with water
- Form a paste from these
- Heat a piece of cloth and apply this paste on it
- Place on the affected area for 10 minutes
- Now rub a pumice stone on that area
- Repeat once a day for treating callouses
8. Aspiring Helps in Enriching Hair Color:
Swimming in chlorinated water causes discoloration of hair which is displeasing. It looks bad on your hair and makes you look aged. Aspirin helps in retaining the hair color and bringing back the juvenile radiance on your scalp. Just apply aspirin mixed with water on your scalp and hair and leave it for 15 minutes. Now wash with lukewarm water and then enter into the pool. repeat everytime you enter and leave the pool for best results
9. Aspirin Helps in Reviving Dead Car Batteries:
A temporary relief from died battery, aspirin helps in jump starting the car stuck with battery issues. Just put two pills of aspirin in battery, the salicylic acid from aspirin combines with sulphuric acid to produce one last charge for you to reach your nearest service station
10. Aspirin as Garden Growth Aid:
Aspirin mixed with water if sprayed on your garden not only helps in improved growth but also prevents plants from molds and weeds. It is also used by gardeners as rooting agent and treating fungal infections in soil. Just a little amount is capable of it all, be sure to not exceed the limit as it may burn the plants.
11. Aspirin Removes Soap Scum in Bath Tubs:
Soap scum ruins the aesthetics of bathtub and is difficult to clear. Just add a few aspirins in bathtub and leave for a few hours, then wipe off the dirt. This gives a sparkling shine to the bathtub
12. Aspirin as a Face Mask:
Aspirin has gentle exfoliating properties in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties. Aspirin contains many of those ingredients which are used in cleansers and creams for face. Mix aspirin in yogurt and honey and apply on your face. leave for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week for excellent results.
13. Aspirin Helps in Removing Warts:
Just apply some crushed aspirin mixed with water on the warts, and leave for an hour. Then wash with lukewarm water. Repeated application for a few weeks will clear off warts and give a scar-free smooth and radiant skin
14. Aspirin for Hair Shine And Smoothness:
Aspirin mask on hair can give excellent hair smoothing and shinning effects. Just apply aspiring mixed with water on your hair and scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Now wash with lukewarm water and repeat once a week for excellent hair texture.
15. Sapling Starter:
For many flowering plants aspirin mixed water helps in quick growth. Just add seeds of the flowering plant to water mixed aspirin and then add soil. Keep it soaked for 5 days and then plant them. The seeds soak up the aspirin contents and grow exceptionally well, free from weeds and infections.
[Read: Health benefits of onion]
The above compilation on Top 15 Surprising Uses Of Aspirin in based on readings and learnings over time. Traditional and contemporary methods and uses have made aspirin a wonderful drug not only as an NSAID but also for the above miracle uses. Be sure to check with dermatologist before applying on skin, for there may be specific allergies too. Also check the quantity of aspirin used as too much may cause reverse impacts.
Share ahead and keep writing us, we love hearing from you!