Rose is a flower that signifies a number of things, doesn’t it?
Have you ever wondered what could be done when the beautiful petals of the flower wither away and dry?
Rose water benefits are not an unknown concept and its prevalence is not simply restricted to skin and face and hair, it has a number of other benefits that not many are aware of.
If you stumbled upon this article, it is for your knowledge that the use of rose water for health dates back to decades and is not a millennial concept. It is considered as a staple natural ingredient for curing and healing a number of ailments, be it for face, hair or even for the overall health.
In this article, we are going to shed some light on the several rose water benefits for face, skin, hair and overall health. Not just that, we are also going to mention how to use rose water for the salient mentioned benefits so as to ensure effective application for pronounced results.
Benefits of Rose Water
Rose water is a very versatile natural ingredient that is jam packed with amazing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that come in handy for the treatment of a wide range of issues.
It is primarily known for its amazing benefits for face and hair but we are going to touch through almost all the important benefits that rose water is correlated with.
- Rose Water and Lemon for Acne and Pimples
- Rose Water for Anti Ageing
- Rose Water and Honey for Skin Whitening
- Rose Water and Glycerin for Skin Hydration
- Rose Water and Lemon for Dark Circles
- Rose Water and Aloe Vera for Heals Wounds, Scars and Sunburns
- Rose Water for Skin Toning
- Rose Water and Aloe Vera for Eczema and Psoriasis
- Rose Water and Lemon to Remove Blemishes on Face
- Rose Water and Cucumber Juice Blackheads
- Rose Water and Lemon Juice Removes Tan
- Rose Water and Glycerin for Pink Lips
- Rose Water and Aloe Vera Gel Removes Makeup
- Rose Water and Lemon to Promote Hair Growth
- Rose Water for Dandruff Removal
- Rose Water Helps to Sleep
- Rose Water is Anxiety and Stress Reliever
Rose Water for Skin
1. Rose Water and Lemon for Acne and Pimples
Rose water for face helps curb the appearance of acne and pimples. The amazing properties of this natural astringent help to remove the excess accumulated oil off the face and clean the pores so as to avoid the recurrence of acne and pimples. Yet one of the pronounced benefits of rose water is that it helps balance out the pH of the face so as to cure the signs and symptoms of acne and pimples.
Rose water and lemon account for an amazing remedy for the treatment of acne and pimples on the face. While the exfoliating properties of lemon aid in getting rid of the bacterial growth and dead skin around the acne, the rose water helps rejuvenate and restore the lost moisture.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of rose water
- Mix the above mentioned ingredients in a bowl
- Dab a cotton pad in the mixture and apply it over the acne prone areas
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice till the signs of acne and pimple go away
You can even switch up the rose water and lemon combination with rose water and witch hazel toner combination because of the fact that witch hazel is known for its amazing anti-acne properties.
You can Buy Here: Rose Petal Water and Witch Hazel Toner 12 fl oz liquid
2. Rose Water for Anti Ageing
If you have been an avid patron of rose water for face, you would know that the anti-inflammatory and the rejuvenating properties of the rose water helps fight the signs of ageing, especially fine lines, and wrinkles. It helps soothe the irritated skin and helps maintain the elasticity of the skin which is one of the primary factors that arrests ageing.
- Pour the rose water into a spray bottle for easier application
- Soak a cotton pad with the rose water
- Apply this all over the face and the neck as well
- Leave it on if you want or wash it away if it feels itchy and uncomfortable
You Can Buy the Spray Bottle Here: Heritage Store Rosewater Spray with Atomizer 8-Ounce Bottle
3. Rose Water and Honey for Skin Whitening
Skin whitening is a process that takes time. If you with a notion that it happens within the snap of the fingers, you are sorely mistaken. It doesn’t. Studies have shown that the combination of rose water and honey effectively aids in gradual whitening of the skin by getting rid of the discoloration and blemishes.
The combination of rose water and honey not just rejuvenates and hydrates the skin but helps moisturize it as well. Honey is known for its lightening properties which comes in handy in this. This is how to use rose water for fairness.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2-3 tablespoon of rose water
- Mix the ingredients together to make a smooth mixture
- Apply this all over the face and neck with a cotton pad or even with clean hands
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes or till everything soaks into the skin
- Wash it off with normal water and pat dry your face with a towel
- Repeat this process twice every week for effective results
You Can Buy Here: Mashobra Honey, Lemon & Rosewater 200ml
4. Rose Water and Glycerin for Skin Hydration
In such a hectic life schedule and the polluted environment, it becomes hard to take care of the skin. The primary problem that many people often face with their skin is the lack of hydration. One of the most important rose water benefits for the face is that it helps in restoring the lost hydration and moisture which helps in bettering the quality of the face. The rose water and glycerin combination work best for this.
- ½ cup glycerin
- 1/4th cup rose water
- Mix both the ingredients properly
- Apply this mixture over the face at night before sleeping
- Leave it on but first let it seep into the skin properly
- Repeat this once or twice daily for a hydrated and moisturized skin
You Can Buy Here: Store Rosewater & Glycerin, 8 Ounce
5. Rose Water and Lemon for Dark Circles
The benefits of rose water also extend to the removal of dark circles and puffiness from around the eyes. The combination of rose water and lemon works the best for this because of the amazing skin lightening properties of lemon.
If you are administering this specific rose water benefits for face, make sure to avoid going out in the sun because of the fact that the lemon in the remedy will induce tanning where it has been applied.
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ cup rose water
- Combine the above mentioned ingredients
- Soak a cotton pad in it and wring the excess out
- Place this cotton pad over the eyes
- Leave it one for 20 minutes
- Wash your eyes thoroughly with water and pat dry with a clean towel
- Repeat this twice every week
You Can Buy Mashobra Lemon & Rosewater 200ml Bottle at Amazon
6. Rose Water and Aloe Vera for Heals Wounds, Scars and Sunburns
Rose water is very beneficial for the healing of any sort of wounds, scars and even sunburns. The rose water benefits the situation primarily because of its rich anti-microbial properties. One of the best combinations for scars and wounds is the rose water and aloe vera.
Aloe vera itself has amazing anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and healing properties which come a lot in handy for healing the scars and helping the mark fade away. It even hydrates the skin and moisturizers the rough skin that is often observed in the area near the wounds, scars, and sunburns. Aloe vera helps with the burning sensation that is often accompanied with sunburns.
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera Gel
- A cup of rose water
- Spraying bottle
- Combine and properly mix the aloe vera gel and rose water
- Fill it inside the spraying bottle
- Spray this mixture over the wounds, scars, and sunburns multiple times throughout the day
Buy Alcohol-free Rose Petal with Aloe Vera, 12 oz at Amazon
7. Rose Water for Skin Toning
Rose water is an amazing toner because of the presence of its slight astringent properties. The amazing pH balancing property of rose water helps in not just getting rid of excess oil but also cleans and clears the clogged pores. For the skin toning benefits of rose water, it is best used just on its own.
- Cotton pads
- Dab some rose water on a cotton pad
- Apply this all over the face with the pad, gently rubbing in to clean the pores
- Wash off your face with cold water to close the cleaned pores
- Repeat this once daily, preferably before bed or right after waking up in the morning
Buy Here: Stitched Round Cotton, 600 Count
8. Rose Water and Aloe Vera for Eczema and Psoriasis
Rose water is not just a natural astringent but an amazing skin healer as well. This is the primary reason why the benefits of rose water are pronounced for the treatment of psoriasis and eczema. The rose water helps heal the redness, scaling, and dryness of the skin and cures the signs and symptoms that come along with eczema and psoriasis.
Rose water and aloe vera have a very pronounced effect on the cure of these conditions of dermatitis. Aloe Vera, with its amazing moisturizing and soothing properties, help curb the irritation and itchiness that comes alongside these skin problems.
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- 1 cup rose water
- Spraying bottle
- Combine the two ingredients together
- Pour this in the spraying bottle and shake well to mix it all together properly
- Refrigerate this and spray it onto the affected parts of the skin
- Repeat this once or twice daily
- Store the excess in the fridge and use whenever required
9. Rose Water and Lemon to Remove Blemishes on Face
Blemishes and dark spots are often a very persistent problem. If you have been fretting with what to use for blemishes, don’t worry, the rose water and lemon or even the rose water and honey combination works amazingly to get rid of the marks and fine lines and everything related to blemishes.
Lemon helps lighten the darkness of the spots and marks and even honey has similar skin lightening properties. The only line of caution is to ensure that you never go out in the direct sun after applying lemon on your face because that causes terrible tanning of the skin.
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ cup of rose water
- Mix the above mentioned ingredients
- Dab a cotton pad into it and apply it over the area of the blemish
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it off with normal water
- Repeat this process twice or thrice in a week
10. Rose Water and Cucumber Juice Blackheads
The rose water benefits for the removal of blackheads can be done in two distinct ways, either by direct exfoliation or by cleaning of the clogged pores by arresting the excess amount of oil secretion. If you want better results, try mixing the rose water with cucumber juice to better detoxify the skin and get rid of the excess oil.
For Process 1:
- ½ cup of cucumber juice
- ½ cup of rose water
- Spraying bottle
- Cotton pads
For Process 2:
- ½ cup Coarsely ground oatmeal
- 1/4th cup of Rosewater
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Pour it in a spraying bottle
- Dab a cotton pad with the mixture
- Apply it over the face and rub gently to clean the pores
- Wash your face with cold water and pat dry with a towel
- Repeat this once daily for effective results
- Pour the oatmeal into a mixing bowl
- Add the rose water and the honey to form a paste
- Apply this all over the face and neck and rub it in gentle circular motions to exfoliate the skin
- Wash it off with normal water and pat dry
- Apply some moisturizer, if required
- Repeat this thrice a week for promising results
11. Rose Water and Lemon Juice Removes Tan
People with high melanin pigmentation in their skins tend to tan very quickly. This is a very common occurrence and is primarily caused when the pigments in our skin react to the UV rays of the sun.
One of the pronounced rose water benefits for face lies with the removal of tan. Because of its amazing skin lightening properties, the addition of lemon to rose water has amazing effects for the removal of tan off your skin.
The rose water and lemon combination is amazing for lightening the appearance of the tan and also evening out the skin tone without inflicting any harmful side effects.
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup rose water
- Mix both the ingredients
- You can either apply it using a spraying bottle or even with a cotton pad or your hands
- Apply the mixture over the tanned area
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Wash it off wait water
- Repeat this once daily till the tan wears off
12. Rose Water and Glycerin for Pink Lips
Pink lips are the living evidence of healthy skin. If you have chapped and dry lips with flaky skin, there are chances that your skin is dehydrated and lacks the optimum moisture that it should have. If you have used rose water for the face before, I am pretty sure you would be aware of the amazing benefits that it has.
The combination of rose water and glycerin works wonders for healing the lips and making them look fuller, pinkier and healthier.
- ½ cup glycerin
- ½ cup rose water
- Combine both the ingredients properly
- Dab a cotton pad with the liquid and apply it on the lips
- You can even use your fingers to do so
- Either let it seep into the skin and leave it on or else, you can simply wipe off your lips with a damp towel after 15 minutes of application
- Store the excess mixture in the refrigerator and repeat this process every day once
13. Rose Water and Aloe Vera Gel Removes Makeup
Makeup removal can often be a very taxing job. It is often hard to get rid of makeup with just water which is where the rose water benefits play their cards out. Because of the amazing soothing and rejuvenating properties, rose water helps a lot in easily wiping out the makeup that you have been constantly trying to remove.
Try using the rose water and aloe vera combination for makeup removal. It not just seamlessly removes the makeup but also aids in rehydration and rejuvenating the skin which is a must after such a heavy load of makeup slathered on the face.
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup of rose water
- Make up wipes
- Mix the aloe vera gel and the rose water
- Pour it inside a bottle
- Wet a makeup wipe with the mixture and rub it over the face removing the makeup gradually
- Repeat this till all the makeup has been removed successfully
- Clean the entire face for good measure with a clean and a soaked makeup wipe
Rose Water for Hair
Much like the benefits of rose water for skin, the rose water benefits for hair are amazingly less talked about but equally effective. In this section, we are going to focus on the amazing rose water benefits for smooth, silky and luscious hair.
14. Rose Water and Lemon to Promote Hair Growth
Hair is one of the parts of the body which we sometimes take for granted which makes us end up with rough hair, split ends and just a bad personality at times. Rose water benefits for hair starts with stimulating the healthy growth of the hair.
Rose water restores the moisture, rehydrates the scalp and fights dandruff causing bacteria to keep the scalp healthy. This, in turn, ensures to keep the hair follicles clean and promotes healthy hair growth.
Spray your scalp with rose water and lemon mixture using a spray bottle. Let that soak into the scalp for 10 minutes. Then, use a mild shampoo to rinse to off the scalp.
The lemon helps in strengthening the roots and gets rid of dandruff and keeps the scalp clean.
15. Rose Water for Dandruff Removal
Not just hair growth, rose water also aids in getting rid of dandruff by reducing the excessive production of oil in the scalp which is what causes the condition of dandruff. Rose water also helps curb the lack of moisture and dryness in the scalp and heals the same. If you have a dry scalp which is prone to the presence of dead skin cells, rose water can be an amazing remedy for the same.
Apply rose water into the scalp, either on its own or after mixing it with aloe vera for better benefits. Let it seep into the skin first and then wash it off with the application of any mild shampoo.
Repeat this twice or thrice a week depending on much you sweat and how dirty your hair gets.
Rose Water Health Benefits
Rose water can actually be used as an eye drop. Yes, don’t get so confused because this is an actual fact. Because of its amazing healing and anti-microbial properties, rose water is an amazing benefit to keep any kind of eye irritation and itchiness at bay.
The anti-inflammatory properties account for yet another rose water uses for eyes because of the fact that it helps level down any kind of excessive swelling and drives away any kind of redness around the eyes.
Pour two drops of rose water in each eye and keep the eyes closed for a few minutes. Make sure that the rose water you are using is completely devoid of any excess chemicals because the same can be harmful for the eyes.
17. Rose Water Helps to Sleep
The refreshing and the rejuvenating properties of the rose water benefits one by helping them sleep better at night. The smell helps keep the mind calm and refreshes one’s senses which is what helps in providing one with a good night’s sleep.
Spray some rose water onto your pillow before bed and that should help you get a peaceful night of sleep, without any disturbances or hindrances.
18. Rose Water is Anxiety and Stress Reliever
In this competitive world, it is impossible to not be stressed. Rose water, because of its refreshing and rejuvenating properties, helps to cure the signs and symptoms that accompany stress and anxiety. The pleasant and soothing feeling of the application of rose water helps in lowering down the stress levels by reducing the production of cortisol in the body.
For effective rose water benefits for stress and anxiety, pour some on your palms and apply it on the face and the back of the neck. It’ll help you calm down and combat the signs and symptoms of stress.
How to Make Rose Water at Home?
We always want to get our hands on products that are completely natural and devoid of chemicals. Unfortunately, even the over the counter rose water bottles that you buy isn’t completely natural. So, how to enjoy the benefits of rose water without having to fret about those harmful chemicals?
Simple! Make it yourself. And trust me, the process of how to make rose water at home is anything but hard.
- Rose petals
- Distilled water
- Tear off all the petals from the rose. Get 2-3 roses for the preparation.
- Pour all these petals to a large pot and fill it up with distilled water
- Turn on the heat and keep it on a simmer till the rose petals have completely infused with the water
- Turn the heat off and cool it down completely
- Store it in bottles and refrigerate in the fridge, if required
Rose water benefits are incomparable because of the fact that it actually provides with fruitful results. We hope that this comprehensive article depicting almost all the benefits of rose water was helpful for you.