Even though some people think that anxiety is good as it helps in keeping us alert as well as aware, the problem of anxiety can be the sign of any underlying disease. Anxiety disorders may also cause various problems which may affect all the function in the body. Hence, treatments are required to get anxiety relief. There are various home remedies for anxiety which you can consider instead of trying medicines filled with harmful chemicals.
Opting for natural remedies for anxiety helps you in preventing various side effects and provides natural anxiety relief.
We have made a list of some of the major natural medicines for anxiety which you can act as a great natural anxiety cure. Read on to get some important information about treating anxiety disorder naturally.
How to Control Anxiety?
- Excessive worry
- Sleep problems
- Panic attack
- Irrational fears
- Obsessive mind
- Adrenal fatigue
- Compulsive behavior
If you are suffering with these symptoms, it is recommended to take the help of expert physician who can guide you on how to treat anxiety issues. Some of the major solution includes enough sleep and meditation.
How to Reduce Anxiety?
There are some natural remedies for anxiety which you can try at your home.
How to Treat Anxiety Naturally?
1. Ginger Tea
Ginger tea helps in increasing the levels of neurotransmitters, which are the chemicals helps in increasing focus, mood, good sleep, and memory. Antioxidants in ginger tea also helps in preventing damage caused by free radicals.
How To Make
- Add a tablespoon of minced ginger to a cup of boiled water.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the flame
- Strain it. You can add some honey to it for taste.
- Let it cool and drink.
- Consume this process for 2-3 times a day.
2. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is an amazing relaxant and a great tonic for nerve. Apart from reducing anxiety, it also helps in promoting sleep. You can also join it with green tea, lavender as well as other herbs
How To Make:
- In a cup of boiling water, add some lemon balm.
- Cover it and let the mixture steep for few minutes.
- Drink this tea in night before going to bed.
- Consume this drink for 2 weeks to get rid of anxiety.
In a study, when garlic was given to a group of participants along with some useful vitamins, the participants were found to be relieved from anxiety symptoms. Garlic is highly helpful in raising the serotonin feature of the body.
How To Make:
- Add some minced garlic into the water or juice and drink it.
- You can also add garlic in various salads as well as dishes.
[Also Read: Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic]
4. Green Tea
Green tea is filled with mood enhancing as well as energy boosting properties which helps in relaxing the mind and improves mood.
How To Make:
- In a cup of hot water add 1-2 teaspoons of green tea.
- Add some basil leaves into it.
- Let the mixture steep for few minutes.
- Mix it properly and drink.
- You can drink green tea in the mornings before having breakfast.
The mild sedative effect of chamomile reduces the anxiety symptoms and promotes drowsiness as well as relaxation.
How To Make
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep of few minutes after covering it.
- Strain it. For taste, you can add some honey to it.
- Consume the warm tea.
- Regularly drink this tea.
[Also, Read: Best Chamomile Tea Benefits]
Along with reducing gastrointestinal symptoms, fennel is also an amazing herb which helps in calming nerves and provides ease to anxiety.
How To Make:
- Add some fennel seeds to a cup of boiled water.
- Simmer it for few minutes and let it cool down to the room temperature.
- You can repeat this process twice before as well as after your meals.
7. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is filled with magnesium which helps in dealing with anxiety as well as depression. Apart from relaxing the nerves it also eliminates the toxic from the body.
- Add 1-2 cups of Epsom salt in a bathtub.
- Let it soak in the bathtub for 15-20 minutes.
- Bath in it and then dry yourself with the help of towel.
- Repeat this process to get rid of anxiety.
8. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps in providing relaxation to the mind and it also does not increased blood pressure, although it contains sodium.
- In a bathtub add 1-2 cups of baking soda along with some grated ginger.
- Bath in it normally.
- After coming out take shower.
- Regularize the method to get rid of depression as well as anxiety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Control Anxiety?
A. Anxiety can be controlled with balanced diet as well as doing physical exercise regularly. Meditation also helps in providing relaxation your mind which is also one of the best remedies for anxiety.
2. How to Calm Anxiety?
A. Consuming natural supplements might calm the anxiety down. Supplements such as GABA, Ashwagandha, Kava or magnesium as well as calcium works as great natural remedies for anxiety.
3. How to Relieve Anxiety by Doing Breathing Exercises?
A. Deep breathing exercises helps in treating anxiety disorders. It also helps in relieving muscle tensions and helps in getting rid of depression and anxiety.
4. How to Treat Anxiety Through Acupuncture?
A. Acupuncture is a technique of applying pressure on specific points in the body to get relaxation from various diseases. You can also use acupuncture to get rid of anxiety.
5. Which Foods Should be Avoided to Get Natural Anxiety Relief?
A. Certain foods should be avoided if you are wondering about how to treat anxiety. Never consume foods high in glycemic carbs, alcohol as well as unrefined sugars and coffee. Apart from increasing anxiety, these foods are also high in blood sugar as well as decreases mental health.