Get Rid of Acne scars: Acne scars are discoloration and skin lesions formed as a result of pimples. These acne scars are caused by the removal of hair follicles along with dead skin cells. They cause defacement of skin and add to our embarrassment.
Acne scars are also proof enough that you suffered a pimple at the spot which wasn’t all that fun. Rather they caused immense pain, discomfort and even later they cause suffering from skin discoloration. Speaking of cosmetic damages, we must also think of the dermatological implications and havoc these ace scars caused. But don’t worry, we have you covered here with some quick and safe remedies on how to get rid of acne scars at home.
What is Acne Scar?
Acne scar is formed by the result of an inflammation called pimple. First our skin bears the reddish pink and painful pimple for long enough and then when it phases out it leaving the swollen and dead skin cells accumulated with bacteria. These tend to break the follicle divider and when they destroy the skin tissues, they result into a distasteful and unpleasant acne scar which is dissed by one and all.
Acne scars are caused by inflammations within the dermal layer of the skin. The acne scars are a result of inadequate and improper healing post the inflammation. Severe acne scars may also pop up, due to poor or excess collagen production.
Typically acne scars are prominent with increased secretion of oily sebum by the skin, microcomedons, comedones, papule, nodules, pustules and often result in sever scarring. Our main concern here stays how to get rid of acne scars.
-It can also be characterized with blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, greasy skin and scarring is also possible. It is more prominent in areas of higher oil glands like facial skin, upper part of chest and back. It is important to know these details to get rid of acne scars effectively.
Main causes of Acne Scars:
Acne scars may be caused due to a number of reasons and how to remove acne scars requires a thorough examination of the underlying reasons. To effectively cure acne scars and to get a clear skin we must get the acne scars diagnosed properly.
Sometimes acne scars run in the family and passes from generations further. If anyone from your nearest family has scarring issues you would probably also suffer the same or even higher degree.
2. Picking or touching the pimples:
Picking the pimples exaggerate the deformity and result into more severe acne scars. This also delays the process of acne scar healing and may even leave a permanent mark behind
3. Collagen productions is in excess or too less:
Our body produces collagen to protect the skin and maintain the recuperation process after pimples are formed. The kind of scar left behind depends also upon the amount of collagen produced. It may be an inflated scar or deflated scar depending upon the amount of collagen produced by the skin.
Some people have more hormonal imbalances which result into prominent acne scars. Like during teenage, pregnancy, puberty, menopause or child birth a women’s hormonal balance goes for a toss. This is the time when she experiences severe outbreaks of acne and acne scars too
5. Skin infections:
certain bacteria and parasites are known to trigger pimples and acne on our skin. Continued exposure to these microbes may even actuate this condition further.
Certain drugs induce hormonal imbalances and result in acne formation. Most often steroids are associated with hormonal imbalances, and these cause weight gain and acne scars too
7. Unhealthy lifestyle:
Smoking, caffeine and too much oily spicy foods also trigger oils on skin cells, which result in acne and pimples. Some people are more prone to these so they may experiences higher impacts on their skin due to acne.
These above causes will help us in our understanding of these skin blemishes left by acne and pimples and also how to remove acne scars effectively.
Quick tips to get rid of acne scars at home:
1. Baking soda and water:
Acne scars can be removed with baking soda and water at home. Baking soda is a naturally occurring powders scientifically called sodium bicarbonate. It has anti-bacterial and exfoliating properties. These may cause abrasion so be careful while opting for this. Baking soda can effectively remove acne scars and help us in getting our normal skin glow.
- Mix baking soda with water in 2:1 ratio
- Make a thick paste
- Apply on the acne scar and using your finger tips gently rub in circular motion
- Just proceed for 3 minutes and wash your face with cold water
- This must be continued once a day until the scar dissolves completely
Lemon is naturally rich in citrus with healing, antiseptic, exfoliating and anti-microbial properties. It is also a skin toning and lightening agent. Lemon helps in clearing the dead skin and washes out the greasy oily spots with clearer skin everytime. Lemon can be effective to remove acne scars if proceeded properly without fail.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice
- Add honey to this solution
- Now dip a cotton ball and apply this over the acne scars
- Leave this for 10 minutes
- Now wash your face and the affected area with lukewarm water
- Repeat twice a day until the acne scars clear off
3. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is a wonderful naturally occurring gel based soothing agent. With miraculous benefits for skin, hair and beauty this is one magic potion which must be your panacea for all skin ailments. Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties make Aloe Vera gel highly utilized for beauty and skin. We explained some important benefits of Aloe Vera it’s worth to read.
- Cut fresh aloe vera leaves
- Extract aloe vera gel from it
- Now using your fingertips, gently rub this on your skin
- Specially around the areas of scars
- Let it stay for 30 minutes so that the aloe vera gel gets absorbed in skin
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Repeat twice a day until the acne scar clears off
4. Coconut Oil:
Another magical oil with immense benefits for healing, curing and treating all skin and hair deformities. Coconut oils has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and soothing properties which are useful for each and every kind of skin ailment. And coconut oil can remove acne scars with utmost brilliance and skin nourishment.
- Take some coconut oil and rub at the area using your finger tips
- Continue for 15 minutes
- Repeat twice a day until the acne scar clears off
Cucumber is rich hydrating and moisturizing agent for skin with wonderful healing and soothing effects.
- Just cut few slices of cucumber
- Apply them on your face and other affected areas
- Leave for 30 minutes
- Wash if off
- Repeat 3 times a day until the acne scars clear off
Home Remedies for Acne Scars:
Acne scarring home remedies include some miraculous ingredients which are present at home. With their safe and effective benefits, these acne scarring home remedies are prominent even at beauty parlor and spas. Some of the home remedies for acne scars include:
1. Raw Potato:
Potato is rich in carbohydrates and helps in skin lightening in addition to removing acne scars and blemishes. Just cut a fresh slice of potato and put over the acne infected area. Leave for 25 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day until the acne scar is removed
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. They can be wonderful skin toning and mild exfoliation too. Just make puree from tomato and apply this mask on face. leave for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day until the acne scar is removed
3. Olive oil:
Olive oil is naturally soothing and great hydrating oil with minimal greasing effects. Just use your fingertips to apply few drops of olive oil before going to bed and wash the face with lukewarm water the following morning for wonderful results. For more benefits of Olive Oil drive to the above link.
How to Remove Pimple Marks Overnight:
- Using toothpaste can help in overnight removal of pimple marks and also pimples
- Dabbing listerine mouthwash on the pimples helps in immediate settling down of the pimple and removal of pimple mark.
- Aspirin crushed and dissolved in water to form a paste helps in overnight reduction of pimple marks
- Apple cider vinegar mixed with water removes pimple marks overnight
- Hot press helps in immediate settling and overnight removal of pimple marks
- Honey also helps in overnight removal of pimples marks.
- Garlic crushed and minced can cure pimple marks overnight
- Rose water mixed with glycerin can cure up to 80% of pimple marks overnight
- Rubbing alcohol can provide immediate relief and cure pimple marks overnight
- Cold compress can aid in overnight reduction of pimples and cure pimple marks too
- Lemon essential oil not only reduces pimples marks overnight but also brings radiance to skin
The above compilation on Top 5 ways on how to get rid of acne scars at home is based on readings and learning overtime. Do consult your dermatologist before opting for these home remedies as there maybe specific allergies. Do not overlook pimples or pick them as they may leave a lifelong scar, and opt for natural and home based remedies to have an easy and safe way out of the acne scars.
Share ahead and keep writing us, we love hearing from you!