It is embarrassing to have dark underarms. You cannot wear sleeveless and raise your hand in public with full confidence. Your underarms may get dark due to some of your mistakes like shaving or using chemical hair removing creams. To prevent the skin from getting dark, there are so many home remedies for whitening dark underarms. They all need efforts and patience, but you can get lightened underarms. Here are few the best home remedies tips for dark underarms.
Homemade Tips for Dark Underarms
Potato is a natural bleaching agent due to acidic property in the potato. Unlike other bleaching agent, it will not cause irritation. You can simply rub the potato under the arms. You can also apply potato juice under the arms and let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash it with normal water and pat it dry. Use this remedy daily for 1 month to get good results.
Cucumber is used for glowing skin. Just like potato, cucumber is also acting as a bleaching agent. Rub the cucumber slice under the arms to lighten up the dark shade of underarms. You can also apply cucumber juice for 15-20 minutes and let it dry. Wash it with normal and pat it dry. To get best results apply it daily for a month.
You can use cucumber with turmeric and lemon to get good results.
- Mix cucumber juice, turmeric powder and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply it under the affected area and let it dry.
- Wash it off with normal water.
Repeat this home remedy daily for 1-2 months for best results.
Lemon works as an antibacterial and antiseptic agent. Like potato and cucumber it acts as a natural bleach. Due to this lemon is used for various problems related to skin. It makes the skin dry, so apply moisturizer after using it for any skin treatment.
- Mix the lemon juice with sugar and apply the mixture to lighten the underarms, for 10-15 minutes and let it dry.
- Wash it with normal water and pat it dry.
- Apply moisturizer under the affected area.
To get a good result, apply it daily for a month.
- You can also use lemon with turmeric powder, yogurt and honey.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a thick paste.
- Apply it under the affected area and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
To get a good result, apply the paste daily for 2 months and get a lightened skin.
- Mix baking soda with water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the underarms.
- Wash it off and pat dry.
To get a good result, try this remedy for 2 months.
- Put orange peels in the sun and let it dry out completely.
- Break down the orange peel into powder.
- Mix the powder with enough rose water and milk to make a thick paste.
- Scrub the underarms with the orange peel paste and leave it and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash the underarm area with cold water.
The same process is repeated two to three times in a week.
Coconut is good for every skin related problem. It also helps to remove the darkness of the underarms. It works as a natural deodorant for the skin. Coconut is rich in vitamin E which help to lighten the darkness of the underarms.
- Massage daily for 10-15 minutes with coconut under the darken area.
- Leave it for some time to allow the skin to soak the oil.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
For the best result apply daily before taking bath.