Sometimes large breasts are attractive and sometimes they can just become too much of a hassle. You cannot wear your favorite backless dress or top. Or, you cannot wear a low neckline, because everybody just keeps staring. Here is the thing, exercises to reduce breast size!
The worst is when, because of heavy breasts your shoulders become stiff, you begin to hunch forward and walk weirdly. Sometimes it leads to back pain too. For mothers, breastfeeding can also be a problem if the big breasts start to become bigger because of the lactation period.
To avoid all these mental and physical wounding, it’s better to try out some of the best exercises to reduce breast size given below. You can do these top exercises to reduce breast size at home or in the gym.
6 Ways To Reduce Breast Size Naturally At Home? It Works
It is all about how you take care of your body while doing little things, everyday things, like taking a bath, eating, what cream do you use etc. Around 1.8 million people across the world go for cosmetic breast surgery to reduce breast size. But according to me the natural home remedies are the best ways to try out before you go for a cosmetic surgery to remove your large breasts.
Shoulder press, push ups, side raises, chest press, wall push ups, dumbbell pullover are great exercises you can do regularly at home that can help shed chest fat and strengthen the muscles underneath the breasts to reduce their size. Focus on doing cardio and high-intensity exercises- like aerobics and stairs climbing, power walking. It can speed up your metabolism and loosen your body fat.
Push-ups tone your chest and breasts muscles. It cuts off inches from the circumference of your chest making you look leaner. For 30 minutes everyday if you do push-ups, four times a week. You will reduce your breast size in a month.
Lean meat like Beef, lamb, veal, pork, kangaroo, lean (lower salt) sausages, Chicken, turkey, duck, emu, goose, bush birds, Fish and seafood – Fish, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, clams and Chicken eggs and duck eggs are preferable if you are going for reducing breast size.
Balance diet and exercise both contribute to a good body shape, including tight chest and smaller breast size. The more you focus on reducing breasts size, the smaller it will get. So, don’t eat too many calories in one day. Keep maximum calories to about 1200-1300. Avoid processed meat and packaged foods.
3. Green tea:
Drink two-three cups of green tea daily. It has antioxidants like catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which avoid cell damage and protects cells from damage. Also it can boost your metabolism and burn fats and calories too. And it will increase your energy for exercise and help you reduce breast size. Polyphenols in green tea especially Camillia sinensis helps avoid breast cancer.
Adding ginger to your food can help you reduce breast size. Ginger has many benefits including boosting metabolism. It speeds up your mechanism of losing weight. During a high intensity workout regime ginger is good because it has antioxidants, compounds that prevent stress and damage to your body’s DNA. Ginger will help your body fight off chronic diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, and diseases of the lungs, plus promote healthy aging.
5. Flax seed:
Adding flax seeds to your diet can make your hormonal imbalance normal. You will have normal ovulation patterns. It is highly nutritious, it is filling, low in calories and helps reduce breast size. This food is rich in fatty acids, particularly omega-3 fatty acids, that are necessary for brain function and lowering blood pressure.
In some stores nondairy flaxseed milk is available and ground flaxseed egg replacer too.You can add raw flax seeds to your sandwich, salad or just plain glass of hot water daily and see the results. Do consume other healthy foods, such as salmon and tuna with these nutrients. They also improve digestion.
Use egg whites of two eggs and whip them properly to form a foam and then massage it over your breasts. It improves skin tone and decreases breast size. As we grow older our breasts tend to sag, this will stop that from happening. This is a short-term natural remedy. This tends to wear off. But you can do this twice or thrice a week. This will make your breasts appear tighter and smaller. Remove it with a wet towel dipped in warm water.
You may be thinking you have large breasts because you are not wearing the right clothes. Wearing a properly fitted bra is very important and make sure you wear dark colours. You can also wear a minimiser bra for instance. This will take away unwanted attention from your breasts.
10 Best Exercises to reduce breast size?
Exercising is a solution to all problems and to your breast size woes too. Over the years athletes and trainers have worked out ways to build workout plans which are useful in reducing breast size.
Heavy breast can make your body look off-shape. Remember to take a Body Mass Index from the nearest gym to evaluate your needs. Don’t be put off only by comparing yourself to a certain body type.
It is about integrating exercises that work on your body the way you want. It can be a creative exercise if you don’t fret over it too much. Before starting with these exercises remember to measure your breasts with an inch tape to see the change in a week or a month.
These are the best exercises you can do at home and gym to reduce your breast size:
1. Wall press:
- Stand against a wall at an arms distance.
- Throw yourself at the wall in a slanting position resisting with your palms
- Go forward and backwards one by one holding your body weight on your hands.
- Bring your knees forward and backward one by one with each wall press.
It is calisthenics exercise and can be challenging. Once you learn the proper form of push up you can do up to 300 push-ups a day to maintain a good upper body. Beginners can start from 20 push-ups. Push-ups work on your pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids.
- Hold yourself in a plank position on the mat or on the floor
- Your hips should not go down or up, it should align with your shoulders and back in a straight line.
- Inhale as you go down and exhale as you come up.
- Push yourself back by putting the pressure of your body on your hands
- Keep your back straight throughout and repeat.
3. Bent-knee push up:
Step-by step guide
- Kneel on your knees on the floor or the mat
- Put your hands on the floor in half cobra position without putting your leg up.
- Push your body up from the ground.
- Keep your back straight with hips and shoulders aligned in the straight line.
- Elbows should come at the side of the waist
- Inhale as you go down and exhale as you come up
- Use your hands only to take the weight of your body.
This includes running, speed walking, stair climbing, cycling, and swimming. Best way to do cardio is outside as there is free oxygen in the daytime available for best results. But you can also do aerobics at home. It has stretching and strength training routines. It will help reduce overall weight, maintain weight and reduce breasts size.
You can use dumbbells while running, speed walking and stair climbing to increase the intensity of the exercise to burn more calories.
5. Leg raises:
Step-by- step guide
- Lie down on a mat on the floor
- Keep your breathing normal
- Keep your hands on the side of your body or behind your neck. Don’t touch your neck or take support.
- Look straight at the ceiling
- Raise both legs up to 90 degrees by keeping your abs, and glutes tight throughout
- Use your abdomen muscles to pull your legs up
- Exhale as you go down with your legs and inhale as you come up.
6. Shoulder Shrugs:
- Pick up a pair of dumbbells
- Stand straight keep you hands on the side
- Shrug your shoulders back and front 10 times
- 10 in circular motion in clockwise direction
- 10 in circular motion in anti-clockwise direction
- Keep your breathing normal
7. Upright Rows:
- Stand straight with weights up to 2 kgs (to up to as much you can take) in your hands.
- Keep your hands on the side
- Bring your hands up to your shoulders keep elbows on your waist side
- Inhale as you bring your hands up and exhale as bring them down
- You can also fold your dumbbells from your elbows and bring your hands up till your armpits.
8. Anterior Front Raises:
Doing anterior front raises for one week continuously can make you lose breast fat in a week. It is a very simple workout and it targets the front of the shoulders which is known as the anterior deltoid. As you raise your hands it will work the lateral (side) deltoid and the serratus anterior, along with the upper and lower trapezius, clavicular part of the pectoralis major, and biceps.
- Stand straight and keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Hold your weights in your arms and hang down.
- Keep your hands on your side against your thighs horizontally.
- Palms should be facing towards the thighs.
- Have a firm grip on the dumbbells and brace the abdominal muscles.
- Inhale, lift the weights upward with your arms stretched out. Avoid any rocky movements.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent to reduce the stress,
- Hold the hands straight in this position for sometime before you bring your hands down.
- Exhale, bring your hands down against your thighs again.
- Start from the starting point.
9. Side raises:
Side raises standing form is somewhat the same as the anterior front raises; but it works on the rear deltoids. They are the small muscles found on the backs of your shoulders. It is a great exercise to reduce fats in your breasts and bring them down by a few pounds.
- Firmly hold the dumbbells in your hands and stand straight.
- Keep your palms touching the thighs and hands on the side.
- Inhale, Lift your arms out to the sides keeping your shoulders and back straight throughout
- Pause once your arms are at shoulder height.
- Exhale, and bring your arms till your thighs and on your side
- Repeat up to 25 times.
- Keep your head above the water.
- You have to bring your right hand in front of your head, breathe in
- Bring your right hand back on your side while you bring your left hand in front of your head and breathe out.
There are many swimming techniques. But this is a simple technique to reduce big breasts.
Alternate ways to reduce breast size?
You can also use YouTube for free exercises to lose breast fat, or reduce breast size. Best is to try to keep it simple. But if you are facing extreme pain or back problems because of heavy breasts you can also take cosmetic treatment, like plastic surgery or get liposuction done.
There are also breast reducing pills and creams available in the market. Now there are apps from where you order these medicines online at your doorstep.
Doing Surya Namaskara everyday 150 times can also reduce breast size.
Step-by-Step guide to Surya namaskar
- Join your palms in front of your chest and keep your breathing normal.
- While with palms joined and standing raise your arms towards the sky and bend backward.
- Now, bend forward in order to touch your feet trying to keep your stomach and back as one. Try to touch your face to your knees.
- On a mat bring one leg on front and one leg backward stretched out. Bend the front leg to 90 degrees and the back leg to 45 degrees.
- Bend forward and touch the floor with your hands and stretch as far as you can
- Now bring the other leg in front and the opposite leg back and repeat the same, lunge pose.
- Now come down in bent-knee position into a plank pose
- Put your knees straight up and hips to the shoulder level. Pause.
- Bring your legs to touch the floor and do the cobra pose
- Then do the downward-facing dog pose, push your hips up, and keep your feet and hands flat on the ground and face looking behind.
- Bring your hands and feet together and stand in cow pose with your back straight and face looking down at the feet.
- Breathe in and stand up by bringing your hands to your chest and joining them together.
5 causes of Bigger Breasts?
Breast sizes differ from person to person. Breasts have mammary glands and if something changes emotionally or because of external issues like medications, breasts tend to bear the impact. There are many reasons why one has large breasts:
- Genetic reasons would be because somebody in the family from the mother’s or father’s side may have large breasts.
- Because of changes in the menstruation cycle, because of workload or emotional turmoil, and at times because of steroids too, breasts increase in size as a side effect.
- When men and women hit puberty around their teen years the hormones estrogen and progesterone can have unmanageable amounts of secretion leading to large breasts.
- Consuming too much marijuana also leads to gynaecomastia which leads to large breasts
- Weight gain is one of the major reasons for accumulating fat in your breast area and having large breasts.
There is not much one can do if they have large breasts. Exercising daily with a mix of cardio and strength and a healthy diet can help you lose breast fat and reduce breast size.
Large breasts can cause pain in the back, problems during breastfeeding, finding the right bra for yourself and also generally exercising- as the breasts are too heavy to lift themselves. In addition to this skin diseases like rashes and infection because of sweat accumulation underneath the breasts- are natural if you have large breasts.
Any risk factors of health while doing these activities?
Keeping proper form is the most important while doing these exercises. There can be injured if you are a beginner trying to use heavy weights for the first time. Always remember to drink a lot of water as working out makes you lose a lot of water through sweating.
You should take into account how flexible you are and how much weight you can afford to take in your daily exercise. No need to hurry, you will eventually have to increase the intensity of the workout to maintain the weight loss.
If you are taking medication or going for surgery please consult at least two or three trusted friends and doctors to assess the side effects and risks involved. Many surgeries do show on your skin as marks remain as cuts.
Breast reducing pills can have side effects like skin discoloration, partial loss of areola and nipples, and pigmentation in the breasts’ region.
Breast size is a problem when your front begins to sag like till your stomach and your back cannot be kept straight. There is so much discomfort that you start having back problems. Through the ideas mentioned in this article, you can have shapely breasts and also a healthy body. There are many more exercises to reduce breasts, but these are the best exercises to reduce breast size. Yoga poses like Ardha Chakrasana or the half-wheel pose and dhanurasana are also perfect yoga exercises to reduce breast size.