Here we come with a delicious breakfast with the mixture of mushroom and eggs. Yes, it is an omelet, but of French style. It is an easy to cook recipe. Your family members will really compliment you for the Wild mushroom omelet. Garnish it with flat-leaf springs and fresh fruits. You can add flavors to the omelet by including a spritzer drink in the breakfast. So, get ready with the ingredients and lets start with morning breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces wild mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
1. Combine first chopped shallots, mushrooms and water in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cook until water evaporates and mushrooms are tender and stir occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, chopped parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Take out the inner portion of 2 eggs in a small bowl.
6. Add salt and a dash of pepper, beat until eggs are frothy.
7. Pour egg mixture into pan, and spread with a heatproof spatula until egg starts to thicken.
8. Quickly pull the egg that sits on the sides of the pan to the center with the spatula, tipping the pan to pour uncooked egg to the sides.
9. Continue this procedure until almost no runny egg remains.
10. Remove pan from heat and arrange half of the mushroom mixture over omelet in pan.
11. Run spatula around the edges and under omelet to loosen it from the pan.
12. To fold the omelet, hold the pan handle with one hand and tip the pan away from you.
13. Give the handle a sharp tap with your other hand so the top edge of the omelet flips over, or fold the edge over with a fork.
14. Slide the omelet from the pan onto a plate, rolling it as it slides, so it lands folded in three with the seam underneath.
15. Tuck in the sides of the omelet to neaten it.
16. Repeat procedure with remaining butter, eggs, salt, dash of pepper, and mushroom mixture.
By: Shaveta Kandhari