Turmeric is one of best remedy when it comes to treating various health emergencies. Using turmeric for a boil or skin abscess is also highly helpful and an amazing natural remedy. Skin boils caused due to the release of toxins in the skin. Turmeric is one of best remedy when it comes to treating various health emergencies. Using turmeric for a boil or skin abscess is also highly helpful and an amazing natural remedy. Skin boils caused due to the release of toxins in the skin.
In skin boils, red, hard, painful round-shaped lumps filled with pus are formed on the body. According to the experts, this condition may appear due to staphylococcal bacteria which is also known as MRSA which makes their way into the body through cuts, bug bites, sores. These bacteria may form in hair follicles or sweat glands.
The people who are suffering from diabetes, poor hygiene, the weak immune system as well as blood disorders are at major risk of this disease.
Although various antibiotics are available to cure this disease, they can also cause various side effects. Hence, treating this health problem through natural remedies is preferred. Turmeric for boils is a great option and provides a better solution.
Why Do We Get Boils?
According to the experts, heat boil on skin and face is caused due to clogging of hair follicles as well as sweat glands that become infected. A mere scratch any other opening into the body can also get infected and cause boils.
Some of the studies have even found that ingrown hairs can cause boils. As mentioned earlier, people with weak immune system, diabetics are prone to this disease. Along with the cancer patients consuming certain medications may also face heat boil on skin and face.
Does Turmeric Helps In Treating Boils?
Turmeric or turmeric powder for heat boils is highly effective due to various health-friendly properties of this amazing spice. You can use turmeric for boils due to following reasons. It will also prove useful if you are wondering about
What Can Turmeric Do To Boils?
- Along with anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric also helps in blood purification and treats cure and itching.
- It helps in countering bacterial infection, due to its antibacterial properties.
- The anti-oxidizing properties of turmeric are helpful in eliminating free radicals, toxins and impurities in the skin.
- Regular consumption of turmeric helps in strengthening the immune system, which in turn required for fighting against bacteria.
- Turmeric powder for boils also helps in countering heart diseases, artery problems as well as blood thinning conditions, which can cause the disease.
- Curcumin in turmeric helps in fighting internally against bacteria which causes skin abscess.
- The detoxifying effects of Turmeric cleanse the body and remove all the impurities.
How to Cure Boils Naturally At Home?
There are various simple remedies which you can try to get rid of boils. These are natural treatments and does not cause any major side effects if used properly. Various studies have shown that trying natural remedies on boils is more useful than consuming various chemically rich medicines.
Few natural remedies to treat boils at home are,
1.Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil, a natural antiseptic, is highly helpful in treating almost all kinds of skin problems. Just add few drops of tea tree oil on the affected area directly on each morning after taking bath.
2. Castor oil
Castor oil, too, contains some of the best anti-inflammatory properties. Get some castor oil and with the help of cotton ball place it on the affected area. Use a band-aid to secure it properly. This will help in removing all types of poisonous materials from the boil and will help boost the healing of the boil.
According to the experts, turmeric may help in treating boils within the period of three days. Just consume a teaspoonful of turmeric powder for skin boil treatment. You can use this powder with warm water and consume it 2-3 times a day. You can consume turmeric pills of at least 450 mg each day.
You can even apply turmeric directly on the affected area and can secure it with cotton or band-aid.
Apart from these, you can also try other natural remedies such as iodine, baking soda paste as well as Epsom salt bath.
How to Use Turmeric Powder To Treat Boils?
You can use methods given below to use turmeric for boil treatment.
Apart from treating boils, this method also helps in treating MRSA infection as well as cysts.
- In a glass of warm milk add some turmeric.
- Consume this drink for 2-3 times a day for one week.
- You can drink this with your meal as well as on an empty stomach.
- You can use water instead of milk and can use turmeric in grated form.
5. Turmeric with ginger
Ginger and turmeric both are rich in anti-inflammatory properties that helps in curing the boils effectively.
- Finely chop ginger and turmeric into pieces and blend well.
- Apply the paste on boils and leave it for few minutes, until it gets dry.
- Wash it off with the help of water. ○ Use this method regularly at least twice a day.
6. Turmeric Powder With Curd
Turmeric powder for boils is also helpful if used along with other helpful ingredients such curd.
- Add some turmeric powder and curd to the water.
- Stir it well and make a thin paste.
- Apply it over affected area.
- Follow this method before taking a shower.
- Leave it for drying.
- Wash it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Dry with the help of a towel.
- Repeat the procedure daily.
7. Turmeric Powder With Basil Leaves
Using turmeric powder for boils on skin and face can be cured if joined with basil leaves.
- Add some fresh basil leaves to the water and blend it properly.
- After extracting its juice add some turmeric powder to it stir well.
- Apply the paste on the boils and leave it for drying.
- Use this method to get rid of pain as well as irritation.
8. Turmeric Powder With Vinegar And Milk Cream
Turmeric powder contains important antibacterial properties which kills bacteria, while cream provides soothing to skin irritation. Vinegar helps in balancing the pH levels of the skin. Due to this, turmeric powder for pimple on face removal can also be used.
- Make a paste of mixing a tablespoon of milk cream, vinegar and turmeric powder.
- Apply this paste on boils and leave it for drying.
- Wash it away with the water.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar instead of normal vinegar.
9. Turmeric With Sesame Oil And Water
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in 5 tablespoons of water and heat it for few minutes.
- After removing it from heat, add some black pepper powder as well as turmeric powder to it.
- Drink this mixture.
- Although you will see the boil is getting enlarged, it will decrease by itself.
- You can use coconut oil instead of sesame oil and milk cream instead of water.
- Repeat the procedure regularly for using turmeric for acne.
Important Tips And Precautions
Follow these tips as well as precautions to get most of the benefits while using turmeric for acne.
- Add turmeric in almost every dish such as curries, rice, soups, broths and mix it well.
- Do not eat turmeric more than 1-2 teaspoons thrice every day.
- To prevent drying of skin adds some turmeric to curd.
- You can also opt for turmeric capsules of 400-500 gms.
- Consumption of turmeric might lead to dehydration, constipation. So it is important to drink plenty of water with it.
- Regular intake of turmeric may also cause nausea, dizziness, indigestion as well as stomach upsets.
- You can use turmeric before going to bed or before taking bath to reap most of the benefits.
- Consuming healthy diet, exercising regularly and staying hydrated can also help you to stay away from boils along with turmeric treatment.