Meditation in case of some is said to have brought supreme enlightenment and the ensuing feeling of bliss. It is the natural outcome of controlled breathing and channelizing of our power of concentration. Although someone who may not be conversant with the ways of the supernatural may find these statements difficult to comprehend. Meditation is said to have a number of positive influences on our mind and body. Read on about these essential benefits of meditation.
How Meditation Influences us
Practice makes us perfect. Practicing the process of channelizing our powers of concentration is the most arduous part of meditation. With time spent meditating, our capacity to focus on the moment increases by dramatic proportions thus enabling us in leading a more efficient life. Athletes and other professionals involved in various sports are known to employ meditation in their daily regime, in order to strengthen themselves mentally for competition.
Meditation should be considered, and in actuality is nothing more than a psychological exercise which is recommended for one and all.
Also Read: Effects of Meditation on the Brain
Meditation and Health
Meditation may be considered by most to be a spiritual practice. Yet the health benefits of meditation are too many in number to be ignored. Yoga and meditation have been known to be implemented as therapies for the curing of life threatening diseases, by bringing about changes in structure at the molecular level. Patients suffering from mental illness are employed meditative procedures in accelerated learning processes, in perception realization, communication, and problem solving.
- Decrease in the rate of respiration, thus bringing about a drop in the amount of oxygen consumed by our systems.
- Although the blood flow rate is optimized, so is the heart rate.
- Increases the tolerance levels even in case of heart patients, thus enhancing their capacities to do exercise.
- Regular meditation leads to a deeper level of relaxation to the system.
- A direct effect of the optimizing of the blood flow is the normalizing of the blood pressure. Thus meditation is a must to do for all those suffering from high blood pressure.
- The content of lactate in the blood stream is reduced, which reduces the anxiety levels we experience.
- Meditation is known to reduce muscle tension, thus alleviating aches including those of the head.
- There are fewer efficient ways than meditation when it comes to increasing your self confidence.
- Meditation stimulates the healthy secretion of a number of hormones, one among which is serotonin. Low levels of serotonin in the system is known to lead to a number of ailments, some of which may include depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- It is known to be a surefire cure even in case of severe diseases like allergies and arthritis.
- It is known to be a cure for pre-menstrual syndrome
- Meditation accelerates the healing process, which is imperative after any major operation.
- Meditation is known to hinder the progress of cancerous development in a number of cases.
- So does it subdues the activities of viruses
And also the production of hormones, which bring about a sense of dissatisfaction.
NOTE:We inform you that we are not owner of any of the products, images or any other products displaying on our website. But all the articles are written by us and we owned them. If you found any image or product that found under your copyrights then please feel free to CONTACT US. We will remove that image or product as soon as possible. All the images are collected from Google.