Armpit rashes cause a lot of irritation as well itching in your armpits. Although it can be invisible, this can cause lot problem many times. The major underarm rash symptom is the formation of red as well as a bumpy pimple which sometimes can also appear in the scaly and white form.
The situation of armpit rash can be caused due to various reasons and it can also be treated through certain effective armpit rash treatment or natural underarm rash cure.
Here we have tried to provide all the information about the problem of armpit rash. Read on to get full details about armpit rash along with its causes, symptoms, types, treatment as well as prevention.
What are the Causes of Armpit Rash?
There are numerous armpit rash causes but the major cause is considered as the skin inflammation. Another is contacting with dermatitis which may cause a various itchy underarm rash. This condition may form the small red bumps on the skin as well as mild redness. This may also result in large blisters, redness as well as swelling.
Some of the common causes of armpit rash are,
- Underarm rash fungal infection
- Latex allergy
- Chemical allergy such as bleach
- Hand sanitizers
- Food allergies
- Poison oak or poison ivy
- Viral infection
- Bug bites
- Bee stings
- Medication allergy
- Exposure to heat for a long time
- Exposure to moisture for a long time
There are different types of armpit rashes as well. These types are listed below.
1. Seborrheic Dermatitis
This skin irritation can be caused by the uncontrolled production of sebum or oils in the skin. This causes some patches of scales or flakes on the skin which is oily in nature. Due to the amount of excess oil, the flakes can be white as well as yellow.
In infants, this infection is known as cradle cap and can be found on ears, face armpits as well as scalp.
2. Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis or the problem of eczema starts to grow since the childhood. Eczema usually occurs on the folds of your body. Common places are back of the knees, inside of elbows as well as armpits. It may have crus cover and can be red as well as itchy and can cause a bumpy rash under armpits.
These patches cause severe itch may bleed due to excessive scratching. A large number of people also experience flare-ups on few times of the year. Apart from that, there is no big symptom of eczema.
3. Contact Dermatitis
The major cause of contact dermatitis is the contact with certain allergen as well as an irritant. It may cause due to fragrant chemicals in your deodorant after applying. A fabric of your shirt or laundry detergent may also cause the problem of red burning rash under an armpit.
4. Candida Armpit Rash
Candida is known as yeast or fungal infection. It mostly appears on the skin of the body which is moist usually such as underarms. It may cause a red rash under armpits, scaling, itching as well as swelling.
In summer, candida is common and can cause due to tight clothing as well as poor hygiene. It can be reduced with the help of antifungal cream. Make sure that you are not using creams with steroids as they can make the situation even more complicated.
Natural Home Remedies to Get rid of Armpit Rash Fast
Although there are various underarm rash treatment, it is recommended to use home remedies for armpit rash to cure the problem of red rash under armpit. We have listed some of the major natural remedies below which you can consider to get rid of armpit rash.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains soothing properties and helps in reducing pain, irritation caused by the armpit rash.
- Extract the gel from fresh aloe vera.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Rinse it with the help of cool water.
- Dry with towel.
- Repeat the method several times until you get full relief.
- You can add a pinch of turmeric in the aloe vera gel.
2. Cold Compress
Cool compress provides cooling effect to burning sensation as well as irritation caused by armpit rash and also helpful in preventing the development of blisters.
- Place few ice cubes in a cotton towel.
- Place the ice-pack on affected area for at least 2 minutes.
- Take it out and apply again for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat the method 8-10 times and let it dry completely.
- Use this process regularly for few times every day.
- Ensure that you are applying ice pack directly on the armpit.
3. Coconut Oil
Along with speeding up the healing process, coconut oil is also helpful in providing moisturizing as well as soothing to the itching area. It also helps in reducing friction which is helpful in worsening the infection. It is also one of the best essential oils to treat armpit rash.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil on a cotton ball.
- Apply this cotton ball on the underarm rashes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it with the help of cool water and let it dry.
- Use this process regularly to get rid of rashes.
- You can use a teaspoon of lavender or other essential oil.
4. Tea Tree Oil
This is another important essential oil to treat red itchy, painful and burning rash under armpit. It is also very useful in treating rashes caused due to ringworm, psoriasis as well as eczema. The antiseptic properties of this oil is also helpful in soothing the sores, redness as well as irritation. Tea tree oil is also helpful in reducing the growth of bacteria as well as fungus.
- Mix a tablespoon of olive oil with 5-6 drops of tea tree oil.
- Wash the rash with the help of water and let it dry.
- Apply the mixture on rashes and leave it for another 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off again with the help of cold water.
- Use this process regularly to get rid of armpit rashes.
How to Prevent Armpit Rash?
Following the tips given below may help in preventing the appearance of armpit rash.
- Skin rash in armpit can be prevented with the consumption of vitamin C. So it is recommended to increase the consumption of vitamin C.
- You should also avoid applying petroleum jelly on the red rash in armpit as it may clog the skin pores.
- Maintaining proper hygiene can also be one of the effective treatment for armpit rash.
- Also, do not wear clothes which are allergic to your skin.
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water. It will also help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- It is also important to take bath after having a workout or swimming and let yourself dry completely before wearing clothes.