When it comes to hair, people take extra care of them and always require something highly effective in keeping their hair healthy. Tea tree oil offers great health benefits and therefore usage of tea tree oil for hair is also recommended by the experts. It is one of the best and safest way to use tea tree oil for your hair to keep it away from damage and to keep them healthy.
You should always keep in mind that your hair always get exposed to brutal environment changes, temperature changes, humidity as well as use of chemicals. Using tea tree oil for natural hair growth is always recommended due to it’s rich health benefits.
We have discussed all the important aspects in using tea tree oil for your hair, which you can consider to keep your hair healthy and free from various diseases.
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is the oil which gets extracted from Malaleuca alternifolia plant which is native to Australia. This oil has been considered safe for application on any part of the body. However, you should avoid consumption of it as it is also considered toxic when ingested.
The benefits of tea tree oil lies in its antimicrobial, antifungal as well as anti-inflammatory properties. These healthy properties of tea tree oil makes it highly beneficial for dry scalp and promoting hair growth as it removes all the toxins, unclog the hair follicles and boosts cleansing.
Does Really Tea Tree Oil help for Hair Growth?
As mentioned earlier, tea tree oil contains antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a great remedy in removing any diseases from its roots. Applying anti-inflammatory oils on your head makes helps in promoting hair regrowth, according to the experts.
Antioxidants present in tea tree oil helps in removing any oxidization occurs on your head and therefore makes tea tree oils for hair growth a best remedy. Apart from this, various scientific studies have also proved that using the oil on regular basis helps in hair regrowth and therefore tea tree oil for hair regrowth techniques have been used by many people across the globe.
You may also think that is tea tree oil good for hair? You should completely rest assured. As long as you are not ingesting it, tea tree oil has been considered very helpful and provides various important health benefits.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth?
There are various ways to use tea tree oil to promote hair growth. However, you should always be careful while using tea tree oil and always remember to dilute it with another carrier oil such as jojoba oil, castor oil or coconut oil. You should to this as tea tree oil is highly concentrated and can cause damage to your scalp if applied directly without dilution.
You can use tea tree oil on your hair and scalp, make a hair mask for deep cleansing or make a shampoo to keep your hair healthy.
1. Tea Tree Oil For Scalp
Tea tree oil has been considered as one of the best natural remedies to cure dry scalp as it helps in removing all the toxins from the scalp and promotes hair growth. Formation of fungus, as well as dandruff, can lead to the problem of itchiness on the scalp. This condition might also lead to psoriasis which causes redness, dryness as well as itchiness on your scalp.
The antibacterial properties of the tea tree oil helps in eliminating all the bacterial infection and proves effective in countering psoriasis, according to the experts. It also helps in keeping seborrheic dermatitis, an inflammatory disease, at bay.
Experts recommends massaging the tea tree oil on your scalp along with any carrier oil so that it promotes blood flow in the scalp region and boosts natural hair growth.
2. Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
Another technique to use tea tree oil on hair is applying it as a shampoo. You can try tea tree oil in your shampoo for some of the amazing benefits. You can also create you own tea tree oil shampoo.
How to Make a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 30 ml of your shampoo.
- Massage it on your scalp and leave it for around 5-8 minutes.
- Rinse it away with water.
- You can also use lavender oil along with tea tree oil in your shampoo.
3. Tea Tree Oil Conditioner
Another effective way to use tea tree oil on your hair is to use the oil as conditioner. You can make a hair mask to use it more effectively.
Tea tree oil hair mask can be made using castor oil or coconut oil.
Making of Tea Tree Ohair Mask with Coconut Oil
- Mix 2-3 teaspoon of tea tree oil in coconut oil of the same quantity.
- Massage the mixture on your head and ensure that all the hair strands are covered.
- Leave tit for around 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse you hair with the help of water
Making of tea tree oil hair mask with castor oil
- Mix 1 tablespoon of both castor oil as well as jojoba oil
- Add 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil to it.
- Massage the mixture on your head gently in circular motions.
- Ensure that all your hair strands are covered.
- For 2-6 hours, wrap your hair in warm towel.
- Rinse your hair until all the oil is removed.
- You can even add rosemary oil or peppermint essential oil into the mixture for more benefits.
Tea Tree Oil for Getting Rid of Head Lice
Head lice is becoming one of the growing hair diseases across the globe. It is important to remove all the lice from your hair as early as possible. It can cause various hair diseases which may create problems such as hair loss as well as dry scalp and infection.
You can even use tea tree oil to get rid of head lice quite effectively, according to the experts.
According to a study conducted by one of the organizations found that using tea tree oil on head twice a week or everyday helps in removing of toxins which promotes lice in the head. The study was conducted on the students in one of the rural schools in the country.
Another study also found that using tea tree oil eliminates the problem of head lice by 100% in just 30 minutes of period.
To eliminate head lice using tea tree oil, consider following instructions.
- Mix around 2-3 tablespoons of jojoba oil or olive oil in 1-2 teaspoons of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Ensure that your eyes and face are away from it.
- Cover the hair with either shower cap or wrap it with the warm towel and leave it for 10-12 hours.
- Next day, comb all the hairs and remove all the dead lice using comb from the hair.
- Then, wash it off with the help of water or shampoo.
- You can use conditioner as well.
Tips While Using Tea Tree Oil for Hair
Some of the tips while using tea tree oil for your hair includes,
- Always use tea tree oil with the carrier oil to dilute it. It is highly concentrated oil and can cause damage to the scalp as well as hair. You can use olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil etc. for dilution.
- Do not use tea tree oil for consumption as it has been considered highly toxic when ingested and can cause various problems.
- Consult with your doctor before using tea tree oil if you are having skin problems.
More Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Some of the more benefits of tea tree oil includes,
● Tea tree oil is a great essential oil for relaxation.
● Great to promote sleep
● Acts as a great skin treatment
● Removes skin, nail infection
● Provides healing on cuts, wounds, burns as well as boils.