Rash on inner thigh is considered as a symptom which may occur due to various reasons. Rash turns your skin red, itchy and inflamed. While the problem of red itchy rash may appear all over the body, including skin rashes on legs, rash on inner thigh is one of the common types of rash and makes you uncomfortable. However, most of the types of common rashes are treated in the same way and appear due to common reasons.
Here we have tried to provide all the important information about the problem of itchy rash. Read on to get details about the causes, prevention as well as some of the major home remedies for itching between thighs.
What Causes Rashes on Your Skin?
Once rashes start to appear on the skin, it becomes inevitable for you to get rid of those rashes. One of the major symptoms of thighs rash is that it forms circular rash on inner thigh as well as red patches on legs. It is important therefore to know what the causes of rash on the inner thigh.
Rash on inner thigh most probably appears due to irritation or allergies. These allergies cause skin inflammation. This may occur due to various chemicals used in bathing soap, detergents as well as shower gels. In fatty people, the problem of rash on inner thigh may appear due to irritation occurs due to the rubbing of thighs on each other. This may cause redness as well as inflammation on the skin.
Some of the major causes of rashes on your skin are given below:
Food, as well as various medication allergies, may cause a rash on inner thighs as well as other parts of the skin. Some of the common foods which can cause an allergic reaction on the body are avocado, shellfish, peanut as well as strawberries.
Although most of the times the allergic response to the body is uncontrollable, it may get out of control and may prove fatal due to its spread to various other important organs of the body such as kidneys, joints, heart as well as intestines. Common symptoms of these allergies are profuse sweating, vomiting as well as difficulty in breathing.
Certain health problems may even cause rashes on the body along with inner thighs. Some of the examples of it are psoriasis, eczema, and impetigo. These diseases may cause an eruption of the skin. It has been found that the patients suffering with psoriasis are more on the risk of rash on inner thighs.
Various autoimmune diseases may also cause inner thighs. An autoimmune condition is when the immune system starts to attack own cells in the body instead of any foreign ailments.
People who jog regularly can be caused with rashes on inner thighs. This may occur due to the friction between the cloth such as shorts, pants or underwear as well as the inner thigh skin. This condition has been considered highly common during summers as well as in humid conditions such as monsoon. This problem can be solved by wearing loose clothes and keeping the area hygienic. Wearing loose cloth may help in letting the skin breath.
Another major cause of a rash on inner thigh is cycling. This also occurs due to the rubbing of thighs. This is the reason why a large number of cyclists have this problem. This problem is also known as saddle sores.
In this disease, you may feel the burning sensation on the thighs and this is also the first symptom which you should not ignore. This condition may turn into a bump or blister in hair follicles. This bump can swell, becomes red and tender and may cause pain.
5. Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Even though this is a rare health problem, the appearance of this problem can be a big headache. The problem of genital herpes may cause a rash on the inner thigh. This problem is severe and needs medical assistance immediately. Genital herpes or herpes simplex virus may cause infection and other symptoms.
6. Diaper Rashes
Diaper or nappy rashes are common in newborns. This may occur due to urine or excreta which stick to the rash for a long time. This result into the irritation on the baby’s skin. You should change the nappies more frequently to get rid of diaper rash. In severe conditions, local antifungal or antibacterial creams applied on the affected area. However, you should consult with your doctor first.
6 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Rash On Inner Thigh
There are various home remedies for itching between thighs which can act as an amazing skin rash treatment. These remedies help you in removing round itchy rash on inner thigh as well as other rashes appeared on your body. Some of the major home remedies for a rash on inner thigh are listed below.
1. Ice Compress
Ice compress provides cooling, as well as soothing effect to the affected area, can help in reducing the inflammation. Cooling effect also helps in numbing of nerves which cause itching.
- Take some ice and place them in a clean cloth.
- Place this ice pack on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process throughout the day to get the complete relief from the disease.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is highly useful in treating various skin problems. This is also effective on a rash on inner thighs.
- Mix ¼ cup of aloe vera juice in a cup of green tea with 4 tablespoons of lavender water.
- Stir it well and apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Let it dry.
- Repeat the procedure at least 2 times every day.
- You can also apply the aloe vera gel directly on the inflamed skin.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is helpful in drying out the rash quickly. Baking soda is also helpful in reducing itching as well as inflammation.
- Make a paste by mixing baking soda with water in equal amounts.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Rinse and wash it off with the help of water.
- Repeat the process until you get the desired results.
Neem is a highly useful natural remedy in treating various skin disorders such as inner thigh rash, eczema as well as dryness and irritation. This is also the reason why neem has been considered best skin home remedy in Ayurveda as well.
- Mix enough neem leaves in rose water and blend it well.
- Make the paste of it and apply it on the affected areas.
- Leave it till it gets dry.
- Rinse it off with the help of cold water.
- Use this method regularly for a week.
Turmeric is also helpful in treating different health conditions. It is also helpful in treating skin conditions. It is recommended to use organic turmeric in this process.
- Mix around 3 tablespoons of turmeric on a tablespoon of water.
- Apply it on the inflamed region.
- Leave it till it gets dry.
- Rinse it off with the help of water.
- Regularize the process.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly effective in treating inflammation, pain as well as itching caused by a rash on the inner thigh.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into apple cider vinegar.
- Wipe the affected areas with the help of cotton ball.
- Leave it till it gets dry completely.
- Use this procedure regularly for 3-4 times every day.
- You can also use white vinegar if apple cider vinegar is not available.
Tips for Prevention Of Rash On Inner Thigh
You should also consider some important tips to prevent dry skin rash from appearing as well as to reduce the heat rash on the inner thigh and other parts of the body. As you are now familiar with the treatment for rash on inner thigh, it is the time to discuss some preventive tips.
- Avoid the inner thigh area from becoming moist and keep it dry all the time.
- Adding of salt in your bathing water helps in treating rashes on the body including on inner thighs.
- Always use herbal soaps which is filled with tea tree oil, calendula flowers, lavender as well as chamomile instead of using soaps containing chemicals.
- Always wear skin-friendly innerwears to prevent the problem of rash.
- Increase the consumption of vitamin C in your everyday diet. Vitamin C is highly helpful in countering bacteria as well as other skin irritants which may result into skin rash. It also helps in maintaining the skin nourishment and keeps it healthy.