Asthma is a long term disease that is a problem with the airways in your respiratory system. Most of asthma sufferers may suffer from its occurrence twice or thrice in a week or two to three times a day. Depending on the person, it could also be a trouble at night. It is sad that there is no cure for asthma. But the symptoms can be controlled. Environmental and genetic factors are to take the blame. Yoga can act as the best source to control the symptoms of asthma. Yoga focuses on breath and can help in dealing with the problem with the airways. You can practice some yoga poses for asthma relief with the help of an instructor.
Some Yoga Poses For Asthma Relief Are
How to do savasana
- Lie on your back
- Put your arms on your sides.
- Put your arms and feet dropped open.
- Keep your eyes closed and then soften you jaw.
- Now start concentrating on your breath.
- After focusing on your breath, slow down the breath making it deep and rhythmic.
- Try to relax every part of the body.
- Stay in your pose for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You need to maintain slow and even breathing through your the pose.
Also Read – How To Control Asthma naturally
How to do sukhasana
- Start by sitting with your leg crossed.
- If you are facing any pain in your lower back or hips, you can place a towel before you sit.
- Raise your right hand and place it on your heart.
- Place your left hand on your belly. Now close your eyes.
- Draw in your stomach and lift the chest for a better posture.
- Let out a deep breath and hold the pose for 5 minutes with slow, even breathing.
How to do pranayama
- Pranayama is a simple exercise in yoga. Just sit with crossed legs.
- Put your head, spine and neck straight.
- Close your eyes.
- Focus on breathing using your abdomen.
- At the same time, take a few rapid breaths followed by slow breaths for balance.
- Repeat this for a few minutes focusing on the technique.
- You will get more relaxation doing it more number of times.
How to do uttarasana
- First stand straight on a yoga mat.
- Maintain both feet at a few inches from each other.
- Then bend your knees slightly.
- Be in this pose until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings.
- Consider straightening your legs a much as possible if you do not experience it.
- Repeat this pose twice.
How to do dandasana
- Put your spine erect and your knees bent.
- Place blocks on either side of your hips.
- Place your palms on the blocks.
- Now sit on your buttock bones.
- Now straighten one leg and the other next.
- Join the inner side of your legs and feet.
- Now lengthen the calf muscles and stretch your knees and toes.
- See that your knees are straight.
- Press your palms on the blocks and stretch your elbows and arms.
- Breath by lifting your abdomen and freeing your diaphragm. Hold the pose for one minute.
- Beginners may hold it for 30 seconds.
The above yoga poses for asthma relief can be helpful in relieving asthma. With the help of a yoga instructor, you can work on these asanas to have not only benefits in relieving asthma but also to seek other benefits.