Although having a child is the most beautiful thing occurs in every woman’s life, it also affects badly on the mother’s health. If you are a breastfeeding mother, the most effective area of your body is neck, back and shoulders. You always want a solution on it to take care of your baby quiet, carefully simultaneously focusing on your own health. To counter this problem yoga helps you a lot. There are various yoga poses for breastfeeding mothers, which you should consider if you are having problems in the stage.
These yoga poses help in countering pain emerges from moving your shoulder down as well as back and while the chest reopening. Try these yoga poses to if you have recently given birth to stop the problems which causes intense pain.
We have brought you a list of such yoga poses which helps the breastfeeding mothers to get fit.
Yoga For Breastfeeding Mothers
(SRC: Bearsden Osteopaths)
This is one of the most important exercise as it provides a way of heat opening. If you don’t have time to go to your mat, you can even try this pose on your bed.
- Lay on your stomach and bend your hand from elbows and keep them under your shoulders with your palms resting on the ground.
- Ensure that your toes also resting on the floor.
- Keep your head straight, keeping pressure on your palms as well as your forearms.
Bridge pose helps you in providing better fitness to your spine and your neck.
- Lie down on your back and bend your legs from the knee with feet flat on the ground.
- Lift your hips pressing your heels and keep hand under hips, interlaced.
- Keep your vision on the floor and shoulders on the ground.
- Hold the position for a few seconds.
3Half Boat Pose
This pose helps in providing fitness to both your heart opening as well as your abs at the same time. However, if you are patient of distasis recti, it would be recommended to consult your doctor first.
- Sit on the floor with your back straight and legs extended forward, resting on the floor.
- Bend your legs from the knees and lift your legs off the floor.
- By lying a bit behind extend your arms touching your legs
- Hold position for few seconds
4Chest Open With Fingers Interlaced At Back
This pose also helps in providing much required stretch to your neck as well as your shoulders along with spine.
- Stand straight and get your hands back near to your hips
- Interlace your fingers and stretch your shoulders be opening your chest.
- Keep your head high.
- Ensure that your legs are also straight
To make it more challenging, bend forward from your waist over to the legs. If keeping knees straight is proving difficult, bend them a bit.
5Extended Triangle Pose
(SRC: Yoga With Adriene)
This pose provides better fitness to all your body, especially the neck, spine and shoulders.
- Stand straight with keeping distance in your legs.
- Keep your right foot as you toe facing the right direction and left foot as the toe facing front.
- Bend from your waist towards your right and keep right palm beside right foot.
- Raise your left arm up the air and keep the eyes in the upwards direction.
- Stretch the body for proper benefits.
- Hold the position for a while
6Downward Facing Dog Position
(SRC: VENTUNO YOGA)
This pose is perfect for providing better stretch to the spine, leg and the hands.
- By keeping a distance of hip-width stand straight.
- Bend from your waist and keep your palms on the floor a bit far from your toes.
- Lift your hip a bit.
- Place your head in between your both arms, vision down.
- Hold the position for a few seconds
7Heart Opening With Block
This pose provides quality stretch to both of your spine as well as neck.
- Lie down on your back and place the bolster behind your back.
- Keep your arms behind your head and legs straight.
- By opening your chest wide stretch the whole body for the perfect workout
- Hold the position for a while
By Prajakt K.