The flyes, are an essential workout for you strength training. The movement of the hand and the arm traces a constant angle, while the elbows are kept fixed at a particular angle.
The dumbbell flyes could be done on an inclined plane, the flat bench, or even a declined plane, depending on your proficiency level.
Read on ahead to find out about the complete procedure for the dumbbell flyes.
- Position yourself on the plane of your choice. You could do this exercise on, either of the three options available, or all three.
- Pick up the pair of dumbbell, one at a time, and rest them on your thighs, before you assume your final body posture for the exercise.
- Hold the dumbbells such that the gripping rod runs parallel to the line of your knuckles.
- Be sure of your grip, and keep you elbow locked, even as you make the two dumbbells meet, at the top position of the exercise.
- Lower both your arms simultaneously, keeping your elbows locked. Continue the motion till your upper arm is parallel to the ground.
- Trace the same arc back up, to complete one repetition of the exercise.
- Do the number of repetitions, preferably from 8 to 10, in case you are looking for mass gain.
- Increase weights, for subsequent repetitions.
Check more: Fitness and Workout Exercises here
Watch: Tribute to a MMA stalwart