Insect bites is a common thing occurs in every home and this is caused due to bite of various insects such as mosquitoes, bees, wasps, ants, hornets etc. Although all of these bites are usually harmless, few bites can create various health hazards. Kids and babies are more sensitive to these bites compared to the adult ones as the skin of the kids and babies is more sensitive to the insect bites. As the insects as rely on animal as well human blood to fulfill their hunger, various diseases can occur due to mosquito bites such as malaria, dengue. However, immediate countering to these bites through various natural home remedies can solve your problem effectively.
There are various home remedies for insect bites for kids available which you can use to treat bites from various insects. These remedies hardly contains any side effects and can be easily used on your loved ones. Here is the list of few home remedies for insect bites for kids.
Also Read: Role of Family in healthy living
Home Remedies for Insect Bites for Kids
As lemon is filled with few anti-inflammatory properties as well as anesthetics, it has been considered as one of the great substance to treat skin disorders as well as bug bites. Follow the given method to use it on the skin of babies or kids.
- Cut the lemon in two halves and rub a half on an affected area to get rid of the itchiness.
- Yellow colored lemon peel can also be used for rubbing.
- Lemon juice can also be used for this process. Addition of basil leaves in the lemon juice can also be highly effective.
Garlic is considered as one of the great remedy for various health disorders. It is also helpful on bug bites. Apart from adding garlic into dishes to counter inflammation as well to soothe itching, raw garlic can also be used on the affected area.
- Mince garlic cloves and apply it on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave for few minutes.
- Wash it away with the fresh water.
- You can also use onions, which offer same benefits, instead of garlic.
Baking soda is highly helpful in removing inflammation as well as itchiness of the skin quite instantly. Due to this property of garlic, it is also helpful on various bug bites. It helps in relieving the pain and can be useful in neutralize the pH level, according to the experts.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda in the cup of water.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it into the paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it for 10-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with the help of water.
Aloe vera is highly effective on various mosquito bites. It is rich in contents which supports healing process and can help in reducing itching, swelling as well as pain.
- Extract some gel by cutting some aloe vera leaves.
- Keep the gel in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take it out and rub it on the affected area.
Salt contains various inflammatory properties along with the antiseptic content which proves highly effective on bug bites.
- Mix salt with water.
- Apply on the affected area.
- You can also add garlic in the mixture.
- Although it might cause burning sensation in the beginning, it can prove helpful in instant removal of bug bite.
Ice has always been considered as one of the best natural remedy to reduce inflammation as well as numbness. Follow the given method for better benefits.
- Get some ice and wrap them in a cloth and apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- This will remove itchiness as well as swelling instantly.
- Keeping the bruise under cold water can also be very effective.
Using alcohol on the bug bites to reduce inflammation as well as development is highly effective, according to the experts. Simply rub the alcohol on the affected area.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the alcohol.
- To reduce swelling and itching, rub it on the affected area.
8Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil have been found highly effective in reducing itchiness caused by acne and bug bites due to its antiseptic properties. Other oils such as lavender and cedar oil can also prove highly effective. However, use it carefully or with medical advice if you are allergic to it.
- Take a cotton ball.
- Dip it into the oil and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it 10 minutes and then wash it away with the help of water.
Apart from washing your teeth, toothpaste is also effective on reducing bug bite bruises as it contains various antiseptic properties.
- Prepare some toothpaste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave for few minutes.
- Wash it away with water.
- Use peppermint, menthol as well as baking soda toothpaste to get the best results possible.
Aspirin, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, can be highly effective on swelling occurs due to bug bites.
- Make a mixture of aspirin by grinding the tablets and adding water to it.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes and wash away with lukewarm water.
- Another method is to wet the affected area and rub aspirin on it.
These are few ways through which you can counter insect bites on the skin of your kids. Many of them are natural products and does not have any other side effects. However, getting a medical advice on few fatal bruises is highly necessary.
Read Also: How To Take Care Of Pets At Home
By Prajakt K.