Almost all people faces the health problem of acne at some point of time in their life. Acne develops due to the excess oil production in the sebaceous glands as well as other factors such as hormonal changes, unhealthy diet, stress, pregnancy, improper hygiene etc. Although a large number of medication, as well as treatment, is available to treat acne, natural remedies should always be preferred. Therefore using cucumber for acne has its own importance.
We have tried to provide all the important information on using cucumber for treating acne. But to understand that you should know what basically acne means and how it develops on your face.
What is acne?
Acne, a common cosmetic problem, occurs when the oil or sebaceous or oil glands in the body produces excess oil in it gets plugged into the openings of hair follicles. If these opening are large in size then blackheads may form. On the other hand, if the openings are small, you may experience the problem of whiteheads.
Both these forms may develop inflammation or pimples as well as deeper nodules. These nodules are considered as the severe medical condition in acne and can become inflamed, tender as well as infected.
Some of the major causes of acne are,
- Hormonal changes
- Bacterial infection
- Improper hygiene
- Unhealthy diet consumption
If you are wondering about does cucumber really works in acne treatment? It should be cleared first that there are several important reasons behind the use of cucumber remedies for acne. These remedies play an important role in providing cucumber benefits for acne reduction.
Various remedies such as cucumber mask for acne treatment along with cucumber toner for acne scars removal have been highly helpful in providing treatment for acne. You should use cucumber for the following reasons for acne removal.
● Cucumber is filled with silica, which is one of the major sources of nutrients, which helps in providing nourishment to the skin. Apart from that, it also helps in holding the connective tissues firmly and amazing acts as a great anti-aging treatment.
●Water content in cucumber helps in keeping the skin moisturized and dry for long period of time.
●It also helps help in cleansing the skin with the help of removing all impurities, dead skin cells as well as dust from the skin.
●Cucumber helps the pores from clogging by tightening them.
●Along with important vitamins such as A, C, and E, cucumber also contains some powerful minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous. All these nutrients help in preserving the skin.
●Vitamin E in cucumber helps in releasing antioxidant properties which counters the free radicals that can cause stubborn scars or acne.
●It helps in curing acne with lightening the appearance of acne by reducing redness and pain along with scars due to its astringent property.
● It also helps in removing left over make ups and infection which can be caused by it.
●Due to its cooling and calming properties, it provides soothing to redness as well as inflammation.
● It also balances the pH level of the skin.
●Due to its anti-aging properties cucumber has been considered as an actual moisturizer, cleanser as well as skin toner.
How To Use Cucumber For Acne Treatment naturally?
You can use cucumber combining with various other helpful ingredients to get some best treatment on acne and also get protection from the recurrence.
● Cucumber diet
You can simply add cucumber in your daily diet in various dishes to keep the body hydrated and flush out all the impurities and toxins.
- Make the juice of peeled cucumber after chopping and blending it. Consume this drink every morning on an empty stomach.
- You can add some salt or turmeric powder or little neem juice to the drink
- Let the cucumber soak in some water and then drink the infused water.
- Use fresh cucumber to make salads or add some cucumber slices in burgers, rolls or sandwiches.
- You can also consume just cucumber slice every day.
● Cucumber with yogurt
Using yogurt with cucumber helps in clearing all the excess oil as well as deposition of sebum.
- Make a paste of cucumber by cutting it into slices and blending it.
- Add around 3 teaspoons of yogurt and then stir the mixture will.
- Apply it on the affected area and allow it to be absorbed by the body.○ With the help of lukewarm water, wash it off and dry it with the help of water.
- You can also spray some cool water or apply an ice cube on your face to get more rejuvenation.
● Tomato juice, sandalwood powder, and cucumber
Along with reducing inflammation this process also removes excess oil from the skin.
- Get a small cucumber and by blending it make a paste of it.
- Add 3 tablespoons of tomato juice and 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder to it.
- Leave it to dry after applying it on the affected skin.
- Wash it with water and dry with a towel.
- Apply some oil-free moisturizer if required.
● Apple, honey, baking soda and cucumber
- To make this recipe you need 1 cucumber and apple, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and honey along with 2 teaspoons of water.
- Make a paste of baking soda by adding it into the water.
- Add some mashed apple, mashed cucumber and honey to it.
- Mix it properly and store it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Use it to apply as a mask on your face.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times every week to use cucumber for acne.
● Cucumber toner
You can use cucumber toner for acne scars removal as well as swelling and redness caused by acne formation.
- To make cucumber toner you need, ½ cup of fresh cucumber juice, 2 tablespoons of distilled water and vodka or witch hazel, an empty bottle.
- Add water, cucumber juice, and vodka or witch hazel and mix it properly.
- Pour all the mixture into the empty bottler. Make sure that the bottle is neatly cleaned.
- After refrigerating for 1-2 hours and use it as a toner with the help of cotton ball. ○ Use it regularly to treat acne.
● Cucumber mask
Cucumber mask for acne treatment is an another great remedy to use cucumber for acne removal.
- To prepare cucumber mask you need, 2 unpeeled cucumber slices, ½ cup milk cream, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, clay and honey, a lemon slice.
- Except lemon slice, blend all the ingredients in the blender.
- After making a paste of it add some lemon juice to it.
- Apply it on the affected area○ Leave it for some time and then wash it away with the help of water.
- Use this mask regularly to use cucumber for acne.
Important tips and precautions while using cucumber for acne
Follow the tips given below for safe as well as effective use of cucumber for acne treatment.
- Asthma patients should always avoid using cucumber for treating acne.
- To get most of the benefits, always use fresh cucumber.
- You can also use sea cucumber gel to get rid of acne.
- After consulting with your doctor, you can use cucumber supplements as well.
- To prevent acne formation consuming a healthy diet, regular exercise and drinking of a lot of water is essential.
- Always consult with your doctor if you are not getting any relief from acne even after trying these methods.
By Prajakt K.
NOTE:We inform you that we are not owner of any of the products, images or any other products displaying on our website. But all the articles are written by us and we owned them. If you found any image or product that found under your copyrights then please feel free to CONTACT US. We will remove that image or product as soon as possible. All the images are collected from Google.