Hemorrhoids are the condition of enlargement as well as the abnormal displacement of anal tissues or the lower part of the rectum. This is one of the common health problems which may cause to adults above 50 years of age. Natural treatment to treat the problems of hemorrhoids is always recommended. Coconut oil for hemorrhoids provides proper treatment to the problem of hemorrhoids or severe pain caused by it
We have provided all the required information for the hemorrhoids through coconut oil. Consider these ways to get rid of pain caused by hemorrhoids. We also have listed some preparations of coconut oil for hemorrhoids.
What is Hemorrhoids?
The swollen veins around the anus or in the lower part of the rectum are known as hemorrhoids. The two types of hemorrhoids are internal as well as external. While the internal hemorrhoids are developed in the anus or rectum, external hemorrhoids develop outside of the anus. Another famous name of hemorrhoids is piles.
The external type of hemorrhoid is most common among a large number of people. Pain caused by hemorrhoids may also be joined with severe itching, difficulty while sitting.
What Causes Hemorrhoids?
- Strain during bowel movements
- Difficulties due to prolonged constipation
- Sitting for long period such as on toilets
- Family history of hemorrhoids
What are Hemorrhoids Symptoms,
- Itching around the anus
- Pain and irritation around anus
- Painful lump or swelling near anus
- Leakages of fecal
- Pain while bowel movements
- Blood after bowel movements
Fortunately, hemorrhoids can be cured and are not life-threatening, although they cause severe pain. It may also gets resolved without any treatment.
Does Coconut Oil Work for Hemorrhoids?
- Coconut oil is filled with anti-inflammatory properties which make it a great internal remedy for the problem of hemorrhoid. Along with providing soothing to the inflamed vein, it also helps in quick healing of the infection.
- It is rich with medium-chain fatty acid molecules or MCFA, which are some healthy fats which provide relief from irritable bowel syndrome as well as indigestion which causes inflammation to the veins in the intestinal tract, which can turn to hemorrhoids.
- Apart from providing relief from constipation, coconut oil boosts bowel movements by providing lubrication to the rectum.
How to get rid of Hemorrhoids Naturally With Coconut Oil?
- Applying Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil Drink
- Coconut Oil Suppositories
- Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
- Coconut Oil Pulling
- Almond and Coconut Oil Mix
- Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Mix
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hemorrhoids
1. Applying Coconut Oil
- Take a cotton ball.
- Dip into the virgin coconut oil
- Place it on the hemorrhoids and hold it for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this process till the hemorrhoids get healed properly
- This is also a great coconut oil treatment for hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
2. Coconut Oil Drink
- In a lukewarm green tea add few drops of coconut oil.
- Consume this drink slowly.
- Drink up to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil through this method to get rid of hemorrhoids.
- Do not cross the limit of 3 tablespoons per day.
3. Coconut Oil Suppositories
- Put coconut oil on the flame and heat it around 70 degrees.
- Make a line of coconut oil on aluminum foil or wax paper using a pencil.
- Keep the aluminum foil or wax paper in the freezer by rolling it around the coconut oil.
- After taking it out and unwrap it.
- Cut the stick of coconut oil into one-inch pieces.
- Place this pieces or suppository on the rectum.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times daily.
- As coconut oil tends to melt quickly, be quick while using this technique.
4. Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
Apple cider is a great remedy to treat the problem of hemorrhoids both internally as well as externally. It also helps in reducing pain, swelling as well as irritation linked to hemorrhoids.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and coconut oil in a bowl in equal amounts.
- Take this mixture on a cotton ball and place it on hemorrhoids for 4-5 minutes.
- Use this method repeatedly to cure inflammation.
5. Coconut Oil Pulling
This a process which includes drinking coconut oil for hemorrhoids which are done by various Gurus in India.
- Drink some coconut oil but don’t swallow it.
- Slowly Rinse your whole mouth with the help of that coconut oil.
- Now spill the oil into the dustbin.
- This magically helps in removing hemorrhoids, according to a large number of people.
- Use this treatment under expert supervision.
6. Almond and Coconut Oil Mix
It is considered as one of the effective external hemorrhoids treatment. Along with providing moisturization, this remedy also helps in providing relief from burning as well as itching.
- Add a tablespoon of almond oil along with coconut oil.
- Mix it properly in a bowl.
- Apply this on hemorrhoids for 2-3 times a day.
7. Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Mix
This remedy is useful in providing important anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and helps in enhancing the elasticity of blood vessel.
- Mix a teaspoon of coconut oil and olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on hemorrhoids to use coconut oil for treating it.
- You can also drink this mixture orally to reduce inflammation.
Tips and Precautions While Using Coconut Oil For Hemorrhoids
- Always use extra virgin as well as organic coconut oil to get maximum benefits.
- You should never consume coconut oil more than three tablespoons per day.
- Ensure that the affected area is clean before applying coconut oil on it. Disinfect it if requires.
- Always keep separate extra virgin coconut oils for different purposes.
- Drink a lot of water to prevent the condition of hemorrhoids.
- Maintaining a good hygiene is important to prevent hemorrhoids. Use cotton balls to clean the area.
- You can include coconut oil into your diet for getting best benefits. Along with adding it in cooking, you can also use in beverages as well as smoothies.
- Do not drink coconut oil for hemorrhoids if it is caused due to diarrhea.