A clogged ear is a condition when your hearing becomes muffled which causes due to the blockages which formed in the ear canal. In this condition, your ear feels clogged and ears stopped up the hearing ability due to some strong resistance.
It can also cause windy sound inside your ear, popping sensation as well as decreased hearing capacity. It also feels like having a mucus or liquid inside your ear.
According to the experts, the main reason behind the creation of clogging in your ear is that the functioning of your Eustachian tube deteriorated and it does not open or closes properly. Therefore, it fails to maintain the pressure between the middle ear as well as the outside atmospheric air.
We have discussed all the factors that cause clogging in your ears and few ways to get rid of the problem in this article. Read on to get some useful information about the topic.
What are Clogged Ears? Why does it happen?
As mentioned earlier, the problem of the stopped up ear or ear clogging takes place due to the malfunctioning of the Eustachian tube. It not only causes blocking ears but a popping sensation in your ear. In this situation, your ears feel plugged like you feel the clogging of the ear from cold when you visit the hill stations which are high and cold from the sea-level.
According to the experts, the common factor that can cause clogging of ears are wax buildup, differences in pressure in the middle ear, cold or sinus problems as well as blockages in the Eustachian tube. Although this problem can cause the person of any age group, it is most common in the children, especially when they suffering from cold.
The problems clogging of ears many times gets too much painful and irritating. However, there are various natural ways to solve the problem of clogged ears.
How to Clear Clogged ears?
If you are thinking about how to get rid of clogged ears, when your ears feel clogged, we have brought you a list of some of the important factors which you can consider to get air out of your ear. This will not only remove clogged ear pain but it will also provide ear pressure relief.
Follow these steps and relieve air pressure and solve the problem of air congestion.
How to Unclog your Ear?
1. Valsalva Maneuver
This technique is useful in removing stuffiness and pain in your ear and a great clogged ear remedy. To do this,
- Close your mouth and take a deep breath while pinching your both the nostrils with the help of your fingers.
- Now blow the air out of your nose to regulate air pressure. This will cause a popping sound, if correctly done. This means that your Eustachian tube is opened again.
- However, make sure that you are not blowing your ears too hard as it may cause damage to your ear drums.
- Check out this video for more more information.
2. Olive Oil
To solve the problem of clogged ear wax removal, you can use olive oil and can stop clogging ear ringing sensation. To do this,
- Slightly warm some olive oil
- Put the lukewarm olive oil into your ear using a dropper.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes in your ear so that it softens the earwax.
- Now keeping your head sideways and remove the earwax gently with the help of ear buds.
- Don’t hurt your sensitive organ of the body while doing it.
- You can also opt for baby oil or mineral oil instead of olive oil in this method.
- In this way, you can solve the problem of ear clogged with wax.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Alcohol
Use an amazing combination of apple cider vinegar as well as alcohol to destroy all kinds of bacterial infection in your ear.
- Mix alcohol with apple cider vinegar in equal amounts.
- Put few drops of this mixture in your ears by keeping your head sideways.
- Avoid raising your head and use a cotton ball in the ear to keep the mixture from spilling out from the ear.
- Leave it for 5-10 minute.
- Remove all the softened ear wax with the help of ear bud.
- Repeat the same process with the other ear as well.
4. Warm Compress
If you are suffering from cold or sinus congestion warm compress is considered as one of the best natural treatment for it. The heat produced during the process helps in removing congestion of the ear and provides pain relief.
- Take a cloth and immerse it into the warm water. After wrinkling all the excess water, keep the cloth on your affected ear for 5-10 minutes. This will not only provide pain relief but also fluid drainage.
- You can even use a hot water bottle wrapped in a thin towel and keep it on your affected ear for about 10 minutes. This will help in opening up the clogged ear.
Clogged ears caused from cold can be easily eliminated with the help of inhaling the steam. The steam helps in loosening all the mucus and provides relief from the clogged ears. It can also help in softening the ear wax causing ear clogging.
- Boil water till it gets hot enough.
- Pour the steaming water in a large bowl.
- You can add few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil into it.
- Inhale the steam slowly by covering up the head with the help of a towel.
- This will help in opening up the clogged ears.
- Taking a hot shower for about 10 minutes also helps in relieving clogged ears.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide
Ear clogging due to wax accumulation can be easily removed with the help of hydrogen peroxide.
- Put few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the affected ear, using a dropper.
- Once you start hearing a fizzing, wait until the fizzing stops.
- Remove all the earwax by tilting your head.
- However, avoid using hydrogen peroxide in large quantities as it can damage the eardrums.
Useful More Tips For Unplugging Your Ears
Follow these steps to unplug your ears,
- Use eardrops
- Use nasal sprays as well as oral decongestant
- Try out ear irrigation
Consult your doctor when you are facing the condition of
- Hearing loss
- Ear pain
- Ringing sound