The appearance of fine lines as well as wrinkles on the face as well as body is a common health problem and most probably is caused due to the problem of aging. However, you can treat the problem due to various treatments and botox is one of them. Even though it is an effective treatment, you should also be very careful about various Botox side effects.
What is Botox?
Botox is basically a drug which is made from a neurotoxin obtained by the bacterium known as Clostridium botulinum or also known as botulinum toxin. It is used medically for the treatment of certain medical conditions and to remove wrinkles cosmetically by paralyzing the muscles temporarily.
The botox drug is sold under various names commercially. Some of the major drugs are,
- Dysport or AbobotulinumtoxinA or Botulinum toxin type A
- Myobloc or RimabotulinumtoxinB or Botulinum toxin type B
- Botox, Vistabel, Botox cosmetic or OnabotulinumtoxinA or Botulinum toxins type A
- Bocouture, Xeomin or IncobotulinumtoxinA or Botulinum toxin type A
Botos is considered as a popular cosmetic surgery treatment and according to the statistics around 6 million Botox treatments are done every year. Along with removing wrinkles and fine lines botox is also highly used to treat migraines, excessive sweat, muscle disorders along with bladder as well as bowel disorders.
However, use of botox can cause various side effects such as Botulism, which is a respiratory failure and infection due to botulinum toxin and can prove life-threatening. According to the experts, just two kilograms of botulinum is enough to eliminate the entire human population.
Is Botox safe?
As mentioned earlier, Botox is made from a neurotoxin, which is completely safe if it is made as well as administered by a professional. The chemical works by blocking the nerve transmission in the nearby muscles and freezes the area effectively. And this effect remains limited to the local part only and usually never spread to the other areas.
It may cause swelling as well as redness or bruising of the injected area. However, it can be completely avoided by carrying out the treatment by an experienced expert. This is also helpful in preventing the numbness of the area.
Botox is a nice condition to remove the wrinkles on your body and prevents its formation as well. It can also be used to treat eye muscles problems along with uncontrolled eye twitching. However, side effects of botox on eyes can cause decreased eyesight, eyelid swelling, blurred vision, double vision as well as the condition of dry eyes. It is important to consult with your doctor immediately if the symptoms get worsened after injection.
What are the possible side effects of botox?
The side effects of Botox include pain, infection, inflammation, redness, swelling, bruising as well as bleeding. The symptoms may also erupt due to various allergic reactions such as asthma, wheezing, rash, faintness as well as dizziness. It is recommended to consult with your doctor immediately if you are experiencing difficulties in breathing as well as the feeling of dizziness and faintness.
Fatigue, headache, dry mouth, as well as neck pain, has also been linked to the side effects of botox. Various other side effects such as muscle spasms, droopy eyelids, twitching, numbness along with the migration of the substance.
However, the absence of feeling as well as numbness is the issue which is not usually connected with the side effects of botox, as it is not an anesthetic. However, you may experience various difficulties while moving your muscles.
You may also not have to face the problem of muscle spasms if your botox is done properly as well as effectively.
It is important to keep in mind that botox is done to eliminate the spasms which are linked with benign essential blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, cerebral palsy, fibromyalgia as well as temporomandibular joint disorder.
Even though it is very rare, Botox can spread to other parts of the body from the injected site and can affect the tissues around it negatively. Getting the botox injection in forehead near your upper eyebrows, it may affect the eyes and make it droop for a short period.
It is recommended to follow the treatment by an experienced professional as they know where to inject the chemical into the body to avoid various side effects. It is important to inject the concentrated dose than a large dose, which can spread to the other parts.
How to avoid botox?
You can opt for the natural lifestyle changes to eliminate the development of wrinkles as well as problems on your body. Some of the major points which may help you in doing it are listed below.
● Staying away from the UV rays may help the damage which occurs on the skin and prevents it from wrinkles. Sun damage also trigger the premature damaging of the skin. It is also believed by the experts that the sun damage triggers the development of skin cancer if exposed to the sun up to the age of 18.
Making the use of quality sunscreens with the high-quality SPF protection helps in preventing the sun damage and helps in reducing wrinkles due to premature aging.
● Quitting smoking is another helpful way in reducing aging. The carbon monoxide in cigarettes decreases the amount of oxygen in the body and affects the blood flow as it gets diverted from the important organs. The skin capillaries, as a result, begin to shrink and causes the undernourishment to the skin due to the lack of oxygen.
As your liver fails to eliminate toxic materials from the body, various harmful materials such as cyanide, nicotine, formaldehyde as well as tar start to accumulate on the skin. It also decreases the amount of vitamin C and in turn decreases the collagen amount.
● Consumption of balanced and healthy diet is also important to maintain the skin health. Consuming animal fat, dairy products as well as red meat increases the number of free radicals in the body. This proves harmful for the natural rejuvenation process of the cells. Junk foods, too, causes inflammation and proves harmful for the collagen production in the skin. Alcohol, as well as caffeine consumption, also dehydrates the skin.
Instead, eating the diet rich in antioxidants counters the aging process. Some of the major antioxidant foods are broccoli, leafy greens, berries, tomatoes as well as citrus fruits. The consumption of green tea also provides important antioxidants to the body and the presence of isoflavones in milk and soy counters the oxidative stress.
By Prajakt K.