Belly bloating is one of the most common health problems faced by the people across the globe. Experts say this may cause due to acid-reflux and gas along with various other problems of digestion. Additionally, belly bloating can also cause many of the dangerous health problems such as Crohn’s diseases. To counter this, according to the experts, yoga, the most ancient effective remedy helps quite impressively. Many people turn to various medications to solve the bloating problem, but curing it naturally is highly important to have good benefits for a longer period of time. There are various Yoga Poses for better digestion.
Yoga not only helps in curing your various health problems, but it also helps in raising your mental strength. Yoga poses which helps to beat bloating also helps in countering constipation and gas problems. Additionally, it also acts great on your back, especially neck as well as the spine.
We have given the list of such yoga poses which helps in improving your digestion and countering bloating.
Yoga Poses To Improve Digestion
(SRC: Summer Cushman)
This yoga pose, which is known as wind-relieving poses, helps in solving your bloating as well as gas problems and provides you better digestion.
• By placing your hands on knees, lie down, relax and take a breath.
• Take your legs close to your chest by exhaling. Get your knees side by side and try to rock them.
• Hold this position for 2-3 minutes and ensure you are breathing repeatedly and then release your knees.
• Do this pose for 5-10 times more.
Read Also: 5 Yoga Poses For Pregnancy
2Setu Bandh Sarvangasana
(SRC: Ekhart Yoga)
This asana is considered as the perfect pose to increase your blood flow into the body, which helps in improving digestion as well. Since, it is related to increased blood flow, you also feel highly energized after doing this pose.
• Bend your legs from the knees and by keeping your hands beside your body lie down. Make sure that you keep your feet flat on the floor.
• To provide quality stretch to your chest, lift your hips upward.
• According to the experts, for improved digestion, try to lift only one hip for five breaths and try with the other side.
(SRC: Yoga Arena)
To cure most of the problems you face in your digestion, this asana helps you a lot. It also helps you in relaxing as well as relieving any stress in your digestion.
• Keep your back straight and by extending your leg in front of you, sit down on the floor.
• Slowly bend from your waist forwards on your legs. Ensure that your back is still straight.
• Hold the position for a few minutes with deep breathing.
• Keep your hands beside your legs, palms facing down.
4Marjaryasana And Bitilasana
(SRC: Zoya Yoga)
This two asanas, along with curing your digestion, also helps in relaxing and relieving stress in your neck as well as back.
• Keep your knees as well as your palms on the floor and ensure that your abs are stretched and back is flat.
• Convert yourself in the cat pose by dropping your head and rounding up the spine.
• Now, inhale and stretch your back by lifting your head as well as your butt and get yourself into cow position.
• Repeat this pose by switching yourself back and forth in the two positions. Ensure that your breathing continuously.
(SRC: Yoga on Gaia)
A perfect move to release any stretch in the body, balasana is also known as a resting pose.
• By widening your legs apart with on your legs and lean forward, by extending your arms in front of you.
• Now, keep your back straight, try to touch the floor with your forehead.
• Hold this position for a few seconds and then come back in original position.
6Adho Mukh Savanasana
(SRC: Home Yoga)
This pose helps in energizing your body as well as your mind. Additionally, it also helps to provide stretch to all your body.
• By keeping your back straight stand with keeping distance in your legs.
• Lower down and place your palms on the floor by lifting your hips. Ensure your heels are touching the floor. Hold the position for a few seconds.
(SRC: Zoya Yoga)
This pose helps in providing much needed stretch to your spine and strengthens it. It also helps in relieving stress in your back and neck.
• Keep your legs apart and stand straight.
• Now bend from your waist forward and touch the floor with your hands. Ensure that your knees as well as the spine is straight.
By Prajakt K.